• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Client network is down, VPN is down, everything. Might not be WFH today, I might even have to put clothes on.
    On a call to Japan to decide what to do next.
    Moved to a new cost center today due to an impending contract extension.

Unfortunately that means loss of remote access and even more unfortunate, attending client co is actually a necessity
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Morning denizens

Quite Simpsonesque out there

Chilly though

Comment

Links are now up

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          Links are now up
          Added one as I half expected it to appear on your list...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
            Added one as I half expected it to appear on your list...
            I hadn't seen that - it's an interesting story

Comment

Seems Boots has mucked up my order.

First one with correct items sent to some random store.

Second one with incorrect items sent to correct store. Don't want the 2 incorrect items in it.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                Seems Boots has mucked up my order.

First one with correct items sent to some random store.

Second one with incorrect items sent to correct store. Don't want the 2 incorrect items in it.
                One wonders how they manage to screw these things up. Do they copy the details from the screen on to a scrap of paper and then struggle to read their own writing?

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  One wonders how they manage to screw these things up. Do they copy the details from the screen on to a scrap of paper and then struggle to read their own writing?
                  Probably.

So I've had to re-order everything and added in one extra item.

Customer service person was trying to tell me the order was no different and I should collect it. She couldn't see they had put in the repeat item singularly 3 different times, so after I finished the call I told them on twitter that was a bad idea.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Just drove out to the Royal Mail sorting office, somewhere beyond the Andromeda nebula, to pick up a book that had to be signed for. When I was locking the gate after getting back, a friend who lives up the road was walking past, and told me a mutual friend of ours died last Saturday

Comment

Bummer.

That happened to me a week last Saturday when I met an ex neighbour who informed me that another ex-neighbour had popped her clogs.

But I can't find any announcement of funeral details or anything else.

Ho hum.

Comment

Working...
                      X