• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just put together a boeuf bourguignon with the shin of beef that was cheap at Sainsbury's on Friday. It'll need gentle simmering until the early hours, so it's actually for tomorrow's dinner, and several portions for the freezer

After my humongous baguette earlier, I'll only need a light snack tonight.

Comment

SMG yummy NSFW...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=be-foFX192I
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

TFBSZ
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Spent an hour or two mucking around with the Twitter-reading robot. It's helped me find a couple of possible things for Monday Links within a minute or so that I wouldn't otherwise have seen unless I'd spent all day on Twitter myself

Time for a glass of wine - I only used half a bottle making the bourguignon, and I wouldn't want the rest to go off

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all

Comment

Morning

Looks promising out there. I can see all the way to the plume of steam from the cooling towers at Drax, some 35 miles away. Said plume appears to hit a ceiling at about 3000m* and then heads eastwards.

* - hard to tell, but judging how it dwarfs the 200m towers, that might be about right.

Comment

Morning

Comment

Fairly uneventful weekend, just did little jobs that I'd been putting off. Also had the autoglass windscreen repair chappy around on Sat to repair chip on windscreen.
                    They didnt last long as they tried to repair and it started to crack
                    So a different chap came on Sunday and put a new windscreen in. Im hoping this isnt going to be one of those cars that just drains money (i've only had it 2.5 weeks)

Comment

Client network is down, VPN is down, everything. Might not be WFH today, I might even have to put clothes on.
                      On a call to Japan to decide what to do next.

Comment

Working...
                      X