• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
    Felt a little ill reading the rest, however.

Makes me wonder what is "hidden" for later discovery in our kitchen
    It's definitely going to be one of those days when the last job to do will be cleaning the dustpan and brush with soap and water

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post

Felt a little ill reading the rest, however.

Makes me wonder what is "hidden" for later discovery in our kitchen
      I'm moving before that happens.
      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
        I'm moving before that happens.
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

It is done, and the fridge and freezer fit side-by-side in the space!

It turned out to be 121.5cm at skirting board level

And once again that electric steam mop proved its supremacy in the cleaning department

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
            Oh, and the wall behind where it stood is the colour that was originally there before the place was painted bright yellow: a sort of russet colour like this , which must have made the place incredibly dark and gloomy
            A very tasteful colour.

I rather like the daffodil white in my office, which is just as well really.

Everything else is painted one or other shade of off-white, usually with some fatuous name, in soft sheen emulsion.

Naturally when I was halfway through, Dulux decided to stop doing that so it then had to be mixed in the shop.

The back bedroom was a particularly hideous shade of pink which took lots & lots of overpainting to turn into something I could live with.

The front bedroom has never been painted since it's a reasonable blue colour.

The outside bog walls were bare concrete, but I found a tin of green paint in one of the sheds & painted the walls with that to stop the sand in the mix falling on the floor all the time.

The spiders were particularly displeased with this, but have had to put up with it.

In other news, the weekly kedgeree has been cooked & eaten. It was pretty good this week.

I used dyed haddock again. (Morrisons reduced).

Also another large sausepan of lentil <pfffffft> soup is simmering on the hob since the carrots and parsnips were beginning to look a bit dodgy in the nasty black bits department.

And my back is playing up again.

Ho hum.
            Last edited by zeitghost; 4 March 2017, 19:12.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              It's definitely going to be one of those days when the last job to do will be cleaning the dustpan and brush with soap and water
              I've become frivolous.

I've noticed certain things are so cheap there is not point in cleaning them if they get really mucky due to the time taken to clean them properly or the cost.

Dustpan and brushes are one of them.
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                I've become frivolous.

I've noticed certain things are so cheap there is not point in cleaning them if they get really mucky due to the time taken to clean them properly or the cost.

Dustpan and brushes are one of them.
                Only took a quick rinse under the tap in the end. They're just cheap plastic ones from Wilko's, and there's a Wilko's about two minute's walk up the road, but rinsing them was even lazier easier than replacing them

Comment

By the time I'd finished today's adventures in the kitchen, it was too late to have my sausage and bacon baguette, as it would have destroyed my appetite for dinner - then I would have got hungry at about half midnight, and ended up filling up on crisps and chocolate

So I just had a bag of Hula Hoops, and went to the Chinese for dinner a bit earlier than usual

The sausages are now scheduled for tomorrow

Comment

Junk down the tip.

Nice Jacket & jumper bought in sales. Nice for 6:30 am wander to the gym.

new tools brought to replace the junk.

Roast Chicken in the slow cooker (its a thing).

yummy.

Bottled the home brew, a few litres of mild now in 2l bottles. Seems to work I'm feeling very mild.

Wine isn't ready yet. Cabernet Syrah to be bottled I'm thinking Thursday.
                    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Just watched "Rollerball", the Jimmy Caan one from 1975.

It was ok.

Loved the bit with Rafe Richardson in the computer room.

They'd just lost all the data on the 13th century.

The computers were provided by Univac, and included the 1710 card punch of immortal memory.

The fluidic computer "Zero" seemed somewhat less than reliable.

I'm not sure I've got another 4 hours available to watch the commentary versions thereof.

Comment

Working...
                      X