• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    The car has been dropped off. Now, we wait…

As the car place is handy for the river, I had planned to go for a walk up the towpath and round the nature reserve to get home. But as I went out to the car it started raining, and a glance at the weather radar indicated that it's going to continue for some time, except getting worse. So I just walked home instead, and stopped at Greggs on the way for a sausage and bacon baguette. Only a mile rather than five or so, but hey, it's exercise

The woman in Greggs commented that it was unusual nowadays for people to ask for "red sauce", leading to a conversation about how it used to be standard to ask for red or brown sauce, and indeed I learned to do so as a customer in the cob shops and greasy spoons of Leicester some thirty years ago; but nowadays, apparently, people ask for "HP" or "ketchup". I blame the Tories, as things are usually their fault
    Funny, the red sauce thing was prevalent down in the South East too.
    Always had a strange whiff of vinegar, as I remember from when I was younger.

Just looking fwd to getting my 2 KG slow roast Pork in the oven.
    Will be an early bath for me, from work, as my youngest brother is up from Bristol
    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Finds clothes peg

About to debug some code....
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        Finds clothes peg

Who wrote the aforementioned code
        The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
          Who wrote the aforementioned code
          A german - and believe me he is....

Comment

A german - and believe me he is....
            Oh dear.

Still, I'm sure that you are being more than adequately compensated for your efforts
            The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Finds clothes peg

Should we send coffee?

Comment

Should we send coffee?
                Speaking of coffee I'm just waiting for this weeks selection to drop through my door.
                Another different bag arrives tomorrow.

Will report back once I have brewed some up later .
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                  TFBSZ Tomorrow i need to research stills.
                  It's legal to distill in the UK provided you have a licence from HMRC to do so. They are free to apply for but they have a minimum still size of 1800Ltr below which they may just refuse to issue one. If they do issue one it is subject to you having bonded storage, accounting procedures and processes in place to pay the appropriate duty.

You can get a rectifiers licence which has less stringent requirements that would allow you to take distilled spirits and re-distill them to produce gin or other flavored spirits at the same or lower ABV.

Essentially they don't want you distilling at home and while they can't stop you, they don't have to make it easy.
                  "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Should we send coffee?
                    I've not actually had coffee in the past 3 weeks. Don't drink instant and being wfh at the moment I've not been near a coffee shop.

My loose leaf tea consumption has however rather increased thanks to https://www.brewteacompany.co.uk/pro...-pot-red-400ml

Tea doesn't come from though its Fortnum's Darjeeling
                    Last edited by eek; 3 March 2017, 09:58.

Comment

I've not actually had coffee in the past 3 weeks. Don't drink instant and being wfh at the moment I've not been near a coffee shop.

My loose leaf tea consumption has however rather increased thanks to https://www.brewteacompany.co.uk/pro...-pot-red-400ml

Tea doesn't come from though its Fortnum's Darjeeling

I drink plenty of tea too, always seems right after a huge fry up .

Don't fancy getting some simple kit to grind and brew your own ?
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X