• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Night all
    Due to the inability of the PMO to organise anything, I'm working UK hours next week, and currently only have one meeting (in total) in my diary, compared to the usual 2 a day.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

The new microwave is still in its box, but it's heavy, so it's either full of bricks or the microwave has a proper iron transformer in it rather than one of those new fangled electronic transformers.

This evening's entertainment consisted of 12 minutes of "Eye in the Sky" which I decided I didn't want to watch, and was replaced by the 2015 version of the "Dads Army" film.

I found this to be intermittently funny, with gaping holes in the implementation, such as the lack of blackout precautions and the obvious lack of any mines and barbed wire on the beach.

It was ok, but worth the £3 the dvd cost rather than the £9 of a cinema ticket.

This was followed by the 1971 film of "Dad's Army" which was immensely better, despite not being quite as good as the tv eps.

The 2015 film had about enough to make a 45 minute ep bulked up to 90 mins.

Nice to see the vicar and Ian Lavender* though.

*He's had a bit of a promotion over the last 45 years.

Comment

I'm still hammering away at this damned app. I'm now trying to work out why the Celery service isn't being started. It helped when I found out where its logs were going to

It would help even more if the people who write these Chef cookbooks actually documented such matters as how to use the damn things

If the next thing I try doesn't work, I'm going to give up and have a beer. If it does, I'm going to celebrate by having a beer

Comment

Finally got it working!

That's properly working, as in, deployed to an AWS EC2 instance and everything

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Morning all. Crisp Alpine brightness has been rudely replaced by a leaden grey Harrogate sky featuring intermittent episodes of pissing it down.

Today will consist of catching up with Bob to find out about his (and her) doings over the last week. There are no e-mails from them, the implications of which i'm not yet sure of.

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                Morning all. Crisp Alpine brightness has been rudely replaced by a leaden grey Harrogate sky featuring intermittent episodes of pissing it down.

Today will consist of catching up with Bob to find out about his (and her) doings over the last week. There are no e-mails from them, the implications of which is that they did nothing at all last week.
                FTFY but you already knew the above...
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                  FTFY but you already knew the above...
                  The silence may be due to them trying to resolve the multitude of problems from all the "fixings" they put in last week
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by MrMarkyMark View Post
                    The silence may be due to them trying to resolve the multitude of problems from all the "fixings" they put in last week
                    They will then point out they don't understand what you have told them to do.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                      They will then point out they don't understand what you have told them to do.
                      Heh, heh....

Ah.....the joys....

At least 45 minute phone call instructing letter by letter what to do.
                      Followed up by a "totally infallible" step by step e mail.
                      Review the outputs of much quickness next day.
                      Realise it would have been much quicker and cheaper to do it all yourself.

Rinse and repeat.
                      The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Working...
                      X