• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
    Due to the increase in business rates from April I encourage you to support all your local independent shops to ensure they can survive.
    Excellent point!

Given that I live in a small enclave of housing on a mile-long stretch of predominantly independent shops/restaurants/takeaways, the neighbourhood could start looking as derelict as the high street if they bump the rates by too much

Comment

I picked up a project I hadn't played with for a couple of months, which I last worked on on the iMac. I made sure I'd pushed everything from the iMac up to GitHub, and pulled it to the MBA, but when I ran the Chef cookbook to install it on a VM, it kept failing, claiming some dependency wasn't present that definitely should have been

Eventually I realised that the branch Chef was pulling down wasn't the one on which I'd made the relevant changes last time I worked on it

Merged the changes into the desired branch, pushed, and it all started working

And with that, I've decided to get an early night and work on it some more in the morning

Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Excellent point!

Given that I live in a small enclave of housing on a mile-long stretch of predominantly independent shops/restaurants/takeaways, the neighbourhood could start looking as derelict as the high street if they bump the rates by too much
        According to a radio "debate" I heard on Friday a spokesman from the Adam Smith Institute stated outside London they should get a decrease on average. Then random retail owners from around the country range up called the spokesperson names then pointed out only big busineses would see the decrease...
        "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Morning all
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
            According to a radio "debate" I heard on Friday a spokesman from the Adam Smith Institute stated outside London they should get a decrease on average. Then random retail owners from around the country range up called the spokesperson names then pointed out only big busineses would see the decrease...
            "Only little people pay taxes".

It's dark, misty, vaguely drizzly and miserable today.

Ho hum.

Comment

Morning denizens

Grey out, but not in a thick, gloomy way - you can even tell the position of the sun

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Morning denizens

Grey out, but not in a thick, gloomy way - you can even tell the position of the sun
                Blue simpsonisque sky assuming I look in the correct direction to see the single cloud
                merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                      Blue simpsonisque sky assuming I look in the correct direction to see the single cloud
                      gone grey now...
                      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Working...
                      X