• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The enemy has agreed to nip out and get lunch. Fish and peas from Armstrong's chip shop; a finer fish and chip emporium you'll struggle to find.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

In other news, "The Cod and Cabbage" a.k.a. "The Bear Inn" in Penydre, Neath, has closed once again.

Comment

Turning a bit Simpsonesque out there now. Think I'll pop out to Bradgate Park for my walk

Comment

Originally posted by LondonManc View Post
          The enemy has agreed to nip out and get lunch. Fish and peas from Armstrong's chip shop; a finer fish and chip emporium you'll struggle to find.

No chips
          The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Aargh! It's half term! I know Bradgate Park was given to the People of Leicestershire, but I much prefer it when they're not here

Comment

The place is full of skoolkids again.

I'm safely locked away in my office well away from them.

Nasty infectious things that they are.

Comment

So, Bradgate was full - well, not full, because it's really big, but there were half-terming families everywhere, rather than the dozen or so people I might normally expect to encounter, at widely-spaced intervals, on a February weekday

So I cut my walk a bit shorter than planned, and headed off to do the shopping. The short cut via the bypass and the M1 then turned into a very slow cut, because there was a broken-down lorry blocking the motorway junction

Still, finally got it all sorted out, and home again. I'm rewarding myself for my exertions with a jam doughnut

Comment

I had no choice but to roast a large chicken, as there were only 2 organic ones in Sainsburys left.

Still, no real worries as it is cooking absolutely lovely
                  The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
                    In other news my crocuses have appeared over night.
                    Mine have been out for about 10 days.

I hadn't noticed at first because of all the leaf litter.

And the bluebells (spanish) are coming along under the apple tree, with naturalised daffs in the lawn coming along too.

The stuff I planted on the ZeitParents' current abode are coming up too, though the forgetmenots are overwhelming almost everything else.

ZeitMater's assortment of house plants in the front room are looking much more healthy since the advent of the Baby Bio in the water once a fortnight, in particular the cyclamen which is loving life again and covered in dozens of blossoms.
                    Last edited by zeitghost; 17 February 2017, 18:31.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Mine have been out for about 10 days.

I hadn't noticed at first because of all the leaf litter.

And the bluebells (spanish) are coming along under the apple tree, with naturalised daffs in the lawn coming along too.

The stuff I planted on the ZeitParents' current abode are coming up too, though the forgetmenots are overwhelming almost everything else.

ZeitMater's assortment of house plants in the front room are looking much more healthy since the advent of the Baby Bio in the water once a fortnight, in particular the cyclamen which is loving life again and covered in dozens of blossoms.
                      I detest Spanish blue bells. I dig them up if they decide to take root. I especially planted some English ones a few years ago so don't want them to hybridise.

Spring flowers in my garden are odd. Nothing comes up then they all come up very quickly and die. So at the beginning of the week snow drops appeared. Then the crosuses and soon some of the daffodils.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X