• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Chicken bhuna for dinner

Apparently I froze it in late November.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Weather on the A46 was abysmal on the drive home. Driving rain, wind, spray etc. Had to put fog lights on at times.
      Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
      Same headed south from harrogate on the m1 though it's all dry now in the extreme west of god's own
      I thought the rain and spray was bad on the A14. Then I got to the M1…

Comment

Just finished watching The Moorside on iPlayer. Excellent, I thought.

Turns out it was written by the same chap as Appropriate Adult, about Fred and Rose West, which is also excellent.

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Meeting to discuss nothing.
          there is another type?

This morning's meeting was scope creep central.
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My journey home was awful.

It started raining when I was 300 yards from home & busting for a dump.

I think the cruciferous wegetables are taking yet more revenge.

Sufficient in fact to require the Prep H treatment.

This evening's televisual entertainment was provided by the latest ep of "Elementary" followed by S6 Ep 1 of "Grimm", which, despite being in its final season, shows promise in an odd monstery sort of way.

As has been mentioned on imdb, the sound on "Elementary" is dismal and requires the bass turned all the way down and the treble turned all the way up just to make the dialogue reasonably audible.

Comment

I've formulated a theory that the reason I haven't been feeling utterly knackered at ClientCo this week - well, not as much as usual - is to do with getting to bed earlier than usual.

Time to gather more data. Goodnight all

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                Just finished watching The Moorside on iPlayer. Excellent, I thought.

Turns out it was written by the same chap as Appropriate Adult, about Fred and Rose West, which is also excellent.
                When I was working in Bradford and could cycle home, one possible route used the Spen Valley Greenway. This is a disused railway line from low moor (by Odsal, where the now defunct Bradford Northern Bulls played) to Dewsbury. One week, the route was closed for removal of an 'antisocial bridge' - a lovely orphaned victorian sandstone relic which, seemingly, offered shelter to local youths. I was diverted through that estate and thoroughly disliked the experience to the extent I never used the route again, preferring to run the main road gauntlet through Brighouse.

Comment

Morning denizens

Supposed to be a bit on the sunny side today, though it would probably help if the sun rose

Comment

Originally posted by barrydidit View Post
                    When I was working in Bradford and could cycle home, one possible route used the Spen Valley Greenway. This is a disused railway line from low moor (by Odsal, where the now defunct Bradford Northern Bulls played) to Dewsbury. One week, the route was closed for removal of an 'antisocial bridge' - a lovely orphaned victorian sandstone relic which, seemingly, offered shelter to local youths. I was diverted through that estate and thoroughly disliked the experience to the extent I never used the route again, preferring to run the main road gauntlet through Brighouse.
                    They filmed it on an estate in Halifax. Officially this was something to do with sparing the feelings of the people of the Moorside, but I assume the real reason was that it would have cost too much for security to stop the locals nicking the cameras in between shots

Comment

morning
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X