• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    As EO's avatar would remark, you can't trust that electrickery.

It's dangerous stuff.

It even makes lightbulbs launch themselves out of the sockets in the dining room*.

*"dining room" is the current term for what used, back in the day, to be termed the "kitchen", before the scullery got turned into "the kitchen". It's quite confusing really.
    We had some of those in the home office till I finally got fed up of ducking whenever I head the *POP* as another one attempted to reach orbit and replaced the fitting. It was one of those multiple spotlight things with the bulbs shaped like large mushrooms.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

"You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Mrs Eek has gone out for the day to cheer her sister up.

So far she's forgotten the junk we gave her sister on Sunday and promised to delivery today and left her purse behind so I had to transfer money to her sister.

Hey ho...
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
          Leave early and go to a bike shop.
          I did. New chain and rear cassette. I have a Halfords bike care plan so will only be £20.

Comment

Originally posted by Alias View Post
            Om

Comment

Today is fill-the-car-at-lunchtime day, meaning I got to venture outside

Inside, this thing I'm working on is going pretty well today.

Best of all, the alternative route I took this morning got me here early enough that I can be straight out and on the road at my preferred time

Comment

In a meeting. Apparently due to half term loads of people have gone missing.

Comment

Feck I'm bored.

Comment

Feck I'm bored.
                    As long as the meter is running, you are really OK
                    The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Feck I'm bored.
                      Are you more bored than eek?

Comment

Working...
                      X