• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
    I plugged my MacBook Air power adapter into the usual socket on the power strip, which immediately exploded with a loud bang and bright flash

As the adapter wasn't actually connected to anything at the time, I'm assuming it was the power strip that went. Certainly it doesn't work any more, while the MBA transformer (now connected to a different adapter) does. The live and earth pins on the adapter are both severely scorched, as are the corresponding holes in the power strip, but I might try it and see if it still works once my heart has settled down to its normal rate.

Lucky that I had a spare, brand new power strip knocking around the place, really
    As EO's avatar would remark, you can't trust that electrickery.

It's dangerous stuff.

It even makes lightbulbs launch themselves out of the sockets in the dining room*.

*"dining room" is the current term for what used, back in the day, to be termed the "kitchen", before the scullery got turned into "the kitchen". It's quite confusing really.

Comment

I'm pleased to say that I finally found "The Mullard Guide to Transistor Circuits" after much searching.

It was, as I recalled, a book with a white dust cover, which resided on a bookshelf I'd checked several times before I finally found it.

Happy now.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I'm pleased to say that I finally found "The Mullard Guide to Transistor Circuits" after much searching.

It was, as I recalled, a book with a white dust cover, which resided on a bookshelf I'd checked several times before I finally found it.

Happy now.
        Worth waiting for

Comment

Dinner has been dined upon - the remains of the roast pork from the other night. Though not all, as there was loads of it, so some is going into rolls for tomorrow's lunch

I decide to go mad and make roast spuds and what have you to have with it. Took ages, but very nice once it was finally ready

Comment

I'm watching Newsnight. Big mistake.

I should have eaten my chocolate cake and watched cat videos on youtube.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by SueEllen View Post
              I'm watching Newsnight. Big mistake.

I should have eaten my chocolate cake and watched cat videos on youtube.
              I get quite annoyed enough with the Today programme on the way to ClientCo and PM on the way back. Haven't watched TV news in ages

Comment

Suppose I'd better get more sleep. Goodnight all

Comment

Morning all
                  …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Morning denizens

Only been up half an hour and I'm about ready to get back to bed

It's cloudy and not particularly cold for the time of year, but apparently it'll probably rain later

Comment

Join IPSE

Comment

Working...
                      X