• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I finally got on the scales the other day. Its a speak your weight. It said "no coach parties please"

Comment

I am now going vegetarian - and vegan where I can

Comment

I cycled into work today - 24 miles. Cycle home will be tough.

Comment

And I think a bottom bracket ball bearing has exploded. The grinding noise is slowly going away.....

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            And I think a bottom bracket ball bearing has exploded. The grinding noise is slowly going away.....
            Leave early and go to a bike shop.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

John Major?
              Yep it's a John Major sky day.

Comment

Hope that isn't a euphemism
                The Chunt of Chunts.

Comment

Buried deep in 2006 is a post from Threaded which includes some pics of the fatigue failure his bike suffered.

The crank broke and the pedals fell off.

Which has some painful possibilities depending on how much effort he was putting in at the time.

I remember ending up upside down in a bramble bush when I missed a gear on a bike.

It stung a bit, but luckily the bike had no crossbar so I didn't geld myself as I did it.

Comment

Home!

It's been one of those days in various ways

This morning it turned out they've put a couple of brutal, suspension-wrecking ramps on the bridge over the Great Ouse after I turn off the A14, to protect some road works that haven't even started yet. This caused a tailback all the way to the A14, and meant the five-minute final bit of the journey took over half an hour

Coming home, they've got temporary lights on the last bit of the journey where they're replacing a water main, adding an irritating few minutes to the last couple of hundred yards

And once I was finally home, I plugged my MacBook Air power adapter into the usual socket on the power strip, which immediately exploded with a loud bang and bright flash

As the adapter wasn't actually connected to anything at the time, I'm assuming it was the power strip that went. Certainly it doesn't work any more, while the MBA transformer (now connected to a different adapter) does. The live and earth pins on the adapter are both severely scorched, as are the corresponding holes in the power strip, but I might try it and see if it still works once my heart has settled down to its normal rate.

Lucky that I had a spare, brand new power strip knocking around the place, really

Comment

Exercise done.

Comment

Working...
                      X