• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
    Evening all. Bags packed, taxi booked for 5.20am, a couple more hours of work and I'll be done
    Bon voyage!

Comment

The Styx Technology "Airnet" radio modems that I bought via Ebay have arrived.

They're like new.

I built them in January 1993.

Someone must have taken a lot of care of them.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post

They're like new.

Built to last

Comment

They're like new.

Someone must have bought them, realised they didn't do what they wanted, put them back in the box and forgot about them.

FTFY
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

That's my dad's birthday present popped in the post

The Royal Mail's online postage thingy has improved quite a bit - you no longer have to use a prepay account which you have to muck about topping up and all that palaver. Just choose size/weight/postage class, enter the to and from addresses, pay using PayPal or card, and get a PDF to print.

Much easier than it used to be, which is a good thing, as if it was like it used to be I probably would have missed the 16:30 collection at the pillar box on the corner while I faffed about with it

Comment

They're like new.

I wonder if some of my early work is still out there?

Somewhere maybe there are smart card boxes I built, that is scary.

There are definitely still phone systems I installed/repaired.
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

My ten 9.5 years work at Siliconix ended up in the skip.

If those Airnets were installed for 20 years then they had a good run.

I've just remembered that there's an oscillation on the 5V line that gives rise to some somewhat excessive sidebands on that version.

IIRC I found that out about 3 weeks before we went bust.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
                  That's my dad's birthday present popped in the post

The Royal Mail's online postage thingy has improved quite a bit - you no longer have to use a prepay account which you have to muck about topping up and all that palaver. Just choose size/weight/postage class, enter the to and from addresses, pay using PayPal or card, and get a PDF to print.

Much easier than it used to be, which is a good thing, as if it was like it used to be I probably would have missed the 16:30 collection at the pillar box on the corner while I faffed about with it
                  They've had to up their game as the likes of Hermes (spit) have all got online prepay thingies you can print out then hop along to one of your local newsagents/costcutters/spas to get the parcel collected from.
                  "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Odd hotel experience tonight. The room smells slightly of weed and next door is watching darts REALLY LOUDLY

I think it might be time to go in search of food and booze.

Comment

Exercise done. The class nearly killed me. Though everyone else was sweating buckets as well and looking knackered.
                      "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Working...
                      X