• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

ommm...
    Join IPSE

Comment

Morning denizens

Looks like quite a nice day out there

Comment

Morning all
        So, BA say my flight is going to take off on time, but already know it will be delayed 31 minutes on landing. I wonder are we going over the pole today.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Sub 30 parkrun - my first in 2 years! Go me!

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
            Congrats
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
              Morning denizens

Looks like quite a nice day out there
              No it's not it's grey and surprisingly warm for an autumn morning.

Anyway exercise done. I wouldn't be able to walk tomorrow....
              "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

T5, in the lounge.

Bored.

Chairman of the bored.

Comment

Originally posted by mudskipper View Post
                  Go, as you quite justifiably assert, you!

Comment

So, when I went down to breakfast in the hotel this morning at 8am - apparently the first to do so as the dining room was empty - I was informed by the hotel chap that "the old lady", by which he meant my mother, had been taken away in an ambulance during the night

Apparently she was very unwell and my father called an ambulance for her which arrived about 4:30. They ended up taking her to hospital at around 5:45, as she had a temperature, her blood pressure was through the roof, her heart rate ditto, her blood sugar levels were screwed (she's diabetic), and they weren't happy with the readings on the cardiogram.

My sister and her husband had been up with them (their room was a couple of doors down, whereas I was in what amounted to a different wing reached by a maze of twisty little passages) so I didn't want to go hammering on their door right then in case they were making up for lost sleep. So I had my breakfast. After a while I was joined by my cousin and her husband who were also staying there.

Around 8:30 I got a text from my sister asking to borrow an iPhone charger, and then she phoned me. Word had come back from the hospital that our mum has a UTI, so they're giving her intravenous antibiotics and keeping her in until at least tomorrow, and probably Monday. Every hotel in the area is fully booked over the weekend, so my sister and her husband are staying on my brother's bed settee until she's able to be taken home. As there was nothing I could do and visiting times didn't start until mid-afternoon, and I'm also the only one who still has to go to work for a living on Monday, it was decided that I should come home; I can always head back up if need be, as it's only about an hour to the hospital from here.

So now I'm awaiting further bulletins

On the bright side, I stopped at Chatsworth Farm Shop on the way back and bought excessive quantities of very fine meat; it's what my mother would have wanted and, in fact, what she was planning to do today herself

Comment

Nick, I want to hit "like", but what I mean is "man hug".

Comment

Working...
                      X