• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fresh links up now in General if you want 'em

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
      Any early thoughts of sunshine and blue skies have now disappeared into the murk. Can barely see across the car park atm.

There were some very foggy bits on the way here this morning, but all is bright and sunny hereabouts now

Comment

Afternoon all

Did I miss much?
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
          Afternoon all

Did I miss much?

Probably not

Comment

Afternoon all

Did I miss much?
            Nope.
            "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

So, one of the highlights of my holiday was sharing a light aircraft with Kate Humble.
              ...unfortunately her husband and my wife were also on the flight.

In other news, I'm off to Japan at the weekend, and our contractor PM has really messed up this time...
              I'm flying out Saturday so I can start work on Monday. (at the PM's request)
              Except Monday is a public holiday in Japan, so there's nothing for me to do.

I'm flying back on Thursday morning because I'm off on Friday (long standing booking I can't/don't want to get out of) - the whole project team know this, and have known about it for weeks.
              The PM has organised meetings for me on Thursday and Friday. Nothing on Tuesday and Wednesday.

...in other words, I'm flying to Japan to do nothing (apart from collect Avios & Marriott points).

Comment

So, one of the highlights of my holiday was sharing a light aircraft with Kate Humble.
                Is that the first ever CUK humblebrag?

Comment

Wait... So you bag a bit of how's your farther with Kate Humble and her husband and your wife get on the same flight?? That's unbelievable bad luck that is.
                  'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                    Wait... So you bag a bit of how's your farther with Kate Humble and her husband and your wife get on the same flight?? That's unbelievable bad luck that is.
                    That's how I read it as well.
                    "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

No. "sharing a light aircraft" was not a euphemism.

I mean, my wife and I flew from Nairobi to Samburu on a Cessna Caravan. It seats 11 people. Two of the others on the flight were Kate & Ludo.

Comment

Working...
                      X