• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
    Which poses a question for me, should I use the box in the ZeitParents house to access iPlayer, since the ZeitParents house no longer has a tv license.

Whereas the ZeityTowers tv license is fully paid up & up to date.

Maybe I'll have to run a bit of cat5 out the letter box of one house & into the letter box of the other, seeing as the wifi fails to penetrate the walls of said domains.
    I'm not sure, but I think your household license covers you to use it other than in your home, so that should be OK.

Comment

So it have managed to screw things up and locked my account.

Shall I go home now or give them a chance to fix it. I'm perfectly happy to take one of the better paying contracts I keep being offered
      merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
        So it have managed to screw things up and locked my account.

Shall I go home now or give them a chance to fix it. I'm perfectly happy to take one of the better paying contracts I keep being offered
        IMO you need to clear your desk and go. Contractors are supposed to be better than permies. Disgraceful carry on. .
        'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Right time to post more than one word. Though nothing of interest to moan about.
          "You’re just a bad memory who doesn’t know when to go away" JR

Comment

I have nothing to do. The chap who decides what needs to be done was supposed to be doing so, but then went into a long meeting, and has now gone to the pub for lunch

So I'm reading all about the history of Python - the programming language, not Monty.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
              IMO you need to clear your desk and go. Contractors are supposed to be better than permies. Disgraceful carry on. .
              If I didn't have work sat on the box that needs to be passed to others to do while I'm away I would. As it is I'm here until 2pm and if it's not fixed by then I'm off home.
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Just had an email from the project manager listing all the test scripts that he says need doing.
                Last week I sent him through the list of what actually needs doing. He's ignored that.
                He's done a copy and paste job from a previous project. None of the new stuff is down to be tested and a load of things the business don't do are on there.
                I've asked him for a copy of the test scripts that he based his list on, and also does he want me to config the system to suit his old test list or to suit the business requirements.

...I await his response.
                …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Comment

Last edited by zeitghost; 12 August 2016, 08:17.

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
                      Someone just knocked on my door.

I nearly had a heart attack.

Fortunately I wasn't asleep.
                      It wasn't me.
                      …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                      X