• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

asdfasdfasdf

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
      asdfasdfasdf
      ZeitZenChuryOm(tm).

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost View Post
        I'm not sure that the pig was altogether pleased about the concept.
        A friend of mine once wrote software for a weighing system at a pig slaughterhouse - it weighed each carcass after it had been eviscerated. When the pigs are delivered they're kept in a pen where people with hoses spray warm water over them, because that keeps them relaxed and happy. If they're nervous or stressed, they produce adrenalin, and it adversely affects the flavour of the meat.

So while the pig probably wouldn't have been keen if it had been fully informed of what was going on, the slaughterhouse will have taken steps to ensure it didn't get upset about it; rather like Pierrepoint priding himself on being able to bind the hands of the prisoner, put the hood on, get the noose round their neck, and trigger the drop all in a matter of seconds.

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
          A friend of mine once wrote software for a weighing system at a pig slaughterhouse - it weighed each carcass after it had been eviscerated. When the pigs are delivered they're kept in a pen where people with hoses spray warm water over them, because that keeps them relaxed and happy. If they're nervous or stressed, they produce adrenalin, and it adversely affects the flavour of the meat.

So while the pig probably wouldn't have been keen if it had been fully informed of what was going on, the slaughterhouse will have taken steps to ensure it didn't get upset about it; rather like Pierrepoint priding himself on being able to bind the hands of the prisoner, put the hood on, get the noose round their neck, and trigger the drop all in a matter of seconds.
          That's one of the most interesting posts I've read here for a while. Thanks you!

Comment

OHHGGGQ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C1nxaQhsaaw
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
              That's one of the most interesting posts I've read here for a while. Thanks you!
              all those brexit posts?
              Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by covbob View Post
                The pig bit, or the people bit?

Comment

God, the amount of background check palaver this lot are sending me, I should be billing them for this afternoon

Comment

It's not that long ago that people used to keep pigs locally.

And they used to get slaughtered extremely locally.

As in hanging up by the back feet on a construction of iron pipes in my back garden.

The keeping of pigs was made illegal some time in the 1960s IIRC.

Comment

Byeeeee

Comment

Working...
                      X