• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

test please delete

Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I just got a gold star.

A recent migration I helped with of a 25 year old ERP to a sunny new home in the US was apparently impossible without me. Should get another couple in the next two months from my other projects. It was easy I just nagged people until the automated error emails I created 6 years ago stopped arriving.

Not that I'll see any cash for it.
    Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

It seems I have bacon that needs to be eaten

Comment

Originally posted by NickFitz View Post
        Is there any other kind? Apart from Bacon that has just been eaten?

I always assumed that "Needing to be eaten" was Bacons default state.
        "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

I actually remember the late 1980s Walkers Crisps "Does this pack contain £100,000?" promotion mentioned in this story: 'Shop' stocked with Forest of Dean litter opens - BBC News

Comment

I think "needs" may be an understatement. It wants to be eaten. It's entire existence has been building up to this moment. To dismiss its consumption as mere necessity is to deny it its moment of glory and fulfilment.

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post
              Is there any other kind? Apart from Bacon that has just been eaten?

I always assumed that "Needing to be eaten" was Bacons default state.
              Originally posted by Pondlife View Post
              I think "needs" may be an understatement. It wants to be eaten. It's entire existence has been building up to this moment. To dismiss its consumption as mere necessity is to deny it its moment of glory and fulfilment.

All excellent points. Consumption is now under way

Comment

All excellent points. Consumption is now under way

Le cochon est mort. Vive le lard.

Comment

I'm not sure that the pig was altogether pleased about the concept.

Comment

My <pffffft> has been quite overwhelming this morning.

Comment

And at my age one should never trust a fart.

Comment

Working...
                      X