• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

In fact, that's worth it's own thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by unemployed
    i supported a bank in the city that was running midas, ran off their as400 system ,

8 years ago now, but i remember it to be their money transfer system based in the banks treasury . similar to chaps and swift.

oh the joys of getting ibm personal communications to talk to the big black box.
    Midas is modular, so it can do pretty much most vanilla trades in a variety of areas (MM, FX, Securities, Derivatives). Midas is essentially an accounting system, not a money transfer system - although these days it does produce a hell of a lot of message types.

And talking to the even bigger black is slightly easier these days, but there is still the arcane mystery of MQ Series and QSNADS
    ‎"See, you think I give a tulip. Wrong. In fact, while you talk, I'm thinking; How can I give less of a tulip? That's why I look interested."

Comment

Originally posted by DS23
      but he can't
      DS23, you're in the wrong thread.

Comment

Originally posted by Zorba
        DS23, you're in the wrong thread.

Shouldn't that read: DS23 you're wrong in the head?
        Confusion is a natural state of being

Comment

Working...
        X