• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

A silly thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Ho hum. Its polling day tomorrow.

When I walk into one of those booths to cast my vote it always seems a bit like walking into a public toilet. Hope it's not just me who gets confused about that!
    bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
    John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Originally posted by xoggoth View Post
      Ho hum. Its polling day tomorrow.

When I walk into one of those booths to cast my vote it always seems a bit like walking into a public toilet. Hope it's not just me who gets confused about that!

Comment

Election 2015: What CAN'T you do in a polling station? - BBC News

Comment

Why is it that animals are allowed to do all sorts of things that, for humans, are sinful or illegal?

When a male lion ousts the previous dominant male for example, it's pretty normal that he kills all the offspring to ensure his accession. It's not unusual in nature, even those cute Meerkats do it. When Richard III supposedly did that he was castigated as an arch villain. And let's not mention what Bonobo Chimpanzees do. Gary Glitter didn't get away with it. As for Adelie Penguins, well, almost make Jimmy Saville look ok.

It's time animals were shown the error of their ways. And there's no good reason they should only be punished for the serious crimes either, they should be made to conform to all our laws. It's for their own good if they wish to evolve.

Last edited by xoggoth; 7 June 2017, 21:13.
          bloggoth

John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

Those Adelie Penguins are aggressive little sods too. Watched a nature program once and they were wandering around attacking Emperor penguins about 2 to 3 times their size.

Certainly one of the most human birds going, read that link above, sounds just like Blackpool on a Saturday night.
            bloggoth

Comment

Just bothered to check and a snail can do up to 1 meter per hour, that's 0.00062 mph, 0.001 was a pretty good guess! I expect that snail has a turbo-charged shell.
              bloggoth

Comment

On the rare occasion I go to a shopping Mall I get annoyed by getting stuck behind slow walkers and people standing on escalators. If people got a move on we might not have such a problem with unfitness and obesity. Maybe speed cameras could help there too.

bloggoth

Comment

You don't get many door to door salesmen these days. Just as well.

Mind you, a few door to door prostitutes would be nice.
                  bloggoth

Comment

Think I'll change my user name to zzzxoggoth and start a sockie called 000xoggoth. Then I will always be the most prominent user on the "Currently Active Users" list. Quite right!
                    bloggoth

Comment

Bucket list

Was busy this weekend doing footpath repairs as a volunteer and a big family of N generations came by. The old lady said it was her birthday and they were visiting a nearby natural feature as it was on her bucket list. Not terribly adventurous but maybe a doable bucket list is better than one we never get round to doing. We never really imagine we at going to snuff it, so most of us keep putting things off until next year.

Just imagine if you have a bucket list with loads of those really exciting things you've wanted to do all your life and are told you have only two weeks to live. That's all the time you have left to climb Everest, parachute out of a plane, canoe down the Amazon, swim the Channel etc. etc. It would be totally exhausting!

Sensible old lady really and I hope she manages to do it all. Me, I am so mean and lazy I will probably just have a bucket list that I can achieve in about one hour if I need to. Let's see - crawl under the decking in my garden, have a poo on the compost heap, go to the Mall wearing a plant pot on my head... erm, er. Oh yes, just thought of another one, make a bucket list.
                      bloggoth

Comment

Working...
                      X