• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Consultative Document - marketed tax avoidance schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Consultation period

According to our lobbying company, the code of practice on consultations has been superceded and there is no longer a requirement for 12 weeks.

This is especially true where there has been a previous related consultation, as in this instance with the consultation on "follower cases" last year.

So the one month period is legitimate.

Comment

Last chance to stop the proposed "pay disputed tax upfront" legislation

Dear all

Just a reminder that this weekend is your last chance to respond to the proposed legislation on ‘Tackling marketed tax avoidance’.

As you probably know, the Government intends to introduce an accelerated payment measure which will give HMRC the power to link your tax affairs to another person's case and demand money up front, with no right of appeal.

If HMRC are granted these powers, it will allow them to demand almost immediate payment of disputed tax before you have had the chance to have your case heard at the tax tribunal (FTT).

If you do one thing this weekend, be sure to spend 10 minutes firing off an email to ask that these proposals are rejected. This is your last chance, so don't bury your heads in the sand!

See here for exact instructions... Latest News | No To Retrospective Taxation

With apologies and many thanks to everyone who has already responded!

Regards

Santa
      'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
      Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

What now?

I sent in my submission. What now? Do we write to our MPs? Who else should we write to apart from our local MPs?

Comment

Originally posted by jimbojones View Post
          I sent in my submission. What now? Do we write to our MPs? Who else should we write to apart from our local MPs?
          We wait until the budget next month to see what's included in the finance bill.

And then we get ready to bombard MPs.

Comment

Sent my response....

Sent my response by using the template, modified it slightly for my quick say and removed all the 'we' to ensure it reflects my opinions.

Comment

Originally posted by fielder View Post
              Sent my response by using the template, modified it slightly for my quick say and removed all the 'we' to ensure it reflects my opinions.
              As did I. Again re-written to reflect my opinion.

Comment

Response from the Institute of Financial Accountants...

Comment

They don't pull any punches.

Comment

More

http://www.taxation.co.uk/taxation/A.../elephant-room
                    Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                    http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Response from CIOT

http://www.tax.org.uk/Resources/CIOT...20response.pdf

Comment

Working...