• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Schemes through ASMG / White Collar

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hemnall View Post
    Hello

I would like to join the private group. Can I have PM access so that I can contact the relevant person(is it still Turnover?)

Thanks
    Done. Yes sent Turnover a PM!

Originally posted by theshrimp View Post
    My wife was with White Collar for 2 years and this morning got her demand letter for 12/13. Currently at home with new born baby having a meltdown. Would love to be added to the pm list so I can help her work out what to do. Thanks
    Have added you to the PM system as well so read through the thread for instructions on how to contact the right people and just let us know if you have any problems.

Comment

Could I also have PM rights please.

Comment

Originally posted by notsofun View Post
        Could I also have PM rights please.
        Should be done!

Comment

PM rights

Hi, I'm another one. Can I have PM rights too please?

Comment

Originally posted by andybz View Post
            Hi, I'm another one. Can I have PM rights too please?
            Of course - all sorted.

Comment

Originally posted by administrator View Post
              Of course - all sorted.
              Thanks.

turnover has exceeded their stored private messages quota and cannot accept further messages until they clear some space.
              I guess there's a waiting list to join this party

Comment

What is PM ?

I received a Tax Demand today for 2010-11. White Collar originally assured me their financial solution was legally checked, IR validated and water tight. So why are HMRC sending such demands based on alleged Tax avoidance schemes ?

I was previously assured by White Collar that HMRC have no legal case and are trying to intimidate persons to pay and would not prosecute.
                However, the letter requests I Appeal and states that 'the issue will go to a tribunal'. Can someone please shed some light on what could happen ?
                White Collar have said they will send a template for an appeal letter.
                I assume that White Collar have sound legal arguments to defeat HMRC.

Comment

PM stands for Private Message if you want to contact Turnover.

They are right, HMRC won't prosecute. What HMRC will do is demand payment of due tax and issue an APN to get it back.
                  "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                  - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by SR225 View Post
                    What is PM ?

I received a Tax Demand today for 2010-11. White Collar originally assured me their financial solution was legally checked, IR validated and water tight. So why are HMRC sending such demands based on alleged Tax avoidance schemes ?

I was previously assured by White Collar that HMRC have no legal case and are trying to intimidate persons to pay and would not prosecute.
                    However, the letter requests I Appeal and states that 'the issue will go to a tribunal'. Can someone please shed some light on what could happen ?
                    White Collar have said they will send a template for an appeal letter.
                    I assume that White Collar have sound legal arguments to defeat HMRC.
                    Did it not occur to you at any stage (even now, amongst all the postings on this and other threads) that despite White Collar's assurances, presumably while they were selling you the scheme, that there was always a risk that HMRC might succeed in getting some or all of the money back? Some of us even planned for this eventuality and put money aside to cover any future tax bills if things went wrong.

Having said that, White Collar may indeed have strong arguments, and you may end up not having to pay anything back.

Comment

Got a brown letter

Please can I have access to the PM system?

Thanks in advance.

Comment

Working...
                      X