• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Seminar on HMRC actions, EBT's and Tax Assessments/Enquiries/COP 8

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi, I'd like to attend and have cast my vote on Doodle.

Admin, can I get PM rights please?

Thanks.

Comment

Count me in!

Hi, I would also like to attend, Saturday or sunday is fine for me. Many thanks

Comment

Originally posted by m1kto View Post
        Hi, I'd like to attend and have cast my vote on Doodle.

Admin, can I get PM rights please?

Thanks.
        Originally posted by fallguy View Post
        Hi, I would also like to attend, Saturday or sunday is fine for me. Many thanks
        You don't need pm rights you do however need to follow the advice below.

Originally posted by convict View Post
        We need to get numbers for rooms etc.

I've set up a poll to gauge attendance for one of three dates

11 to 3 at a Central London location, to be determined.

Please vote ASAP
        Doodle Poll

The plan will be for Michael to do a group presentation and Q/A session. Should time allow Michael is willing to have some one on one dialogue (best endeavours only).

Room costs to be split among the attendees. I'll pay upfront etc but I need to know how many will attend so I can book a suitable location
        merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Please Read. Important Info enclosed

Updated contents for Michael's presentation:
          • Many of the most frequently asked questions
          • HMRC's powers, tactics, political and strategic agendas
          • Reference to essential further information
          • A no holds barred informative analysis of the situation
          • Likely future developments and possible outcomes

IMPORTANT:
          On Tuesday morning I will close the poll, select the most popular choice and remove the other one. I will then book and pay for the room.

Can people then update their poll entry on the Doodle Poll and send an email to [email protected] (that's my throwaway email) with the name used in the poll, your preferred contact email address and real name. This will serve as your comfirmation to attend. I will then email out the location details and other info.

Payment will be required on the day. CASH ONLY, priced somewhere around 30 pounds depending on the numbers. I will confirm the price before the day by email.

Have a nice Easter!

All,

Here's the draft agenda. Location still TBC but will be in central London/Westminster area

11.00-11.10 get settled/introductions
          11:10-12:15 Michael's presentation*
          12:15-12:30 Break
          12:30:14:00 Q/A. Generic questions only, please no personal questions during this time
          14:00-15:00 Time for Michael to have 1:1 chats as time allows

*I'll provide more info on the main points of the presentation soon.

The room will be booked from 11am to 3pm.
          Schedule subject to change/alteration as needed.

Comment

Date set for Saturday 6th April

The most popular date is Saturday 6th April. I will book a location today.

Please go to the poll link and update your attendance and then email me on hmrc0809 with your poll name, email, and real name. I'll book a location this morning and include the location in the email reply.

Comment

Convict, I pinged you an email about Saturday. Cheers.

Comment

Need Confirmations ASAP

All,

So far I've had about 20 out of 60+ people contact me regarding the seminar on Saturday.

Can the rest of you that plan on attending as per the doodle poll please contact me on [email protected] with your doodle pollname, real name, and email address ASAP. I'll then send you the official invite with location details etc.

I've paid for the room hire and would really appreciate confirmation responses from those that haven't yet done so ASAP.

Thanks

Comment

All,

So far I've had about 20 out of 60+ people contact me regarding the seminar on Saturday.

Can the rest of you that plan on attending as per the doodle poll please contact me on [email protected] with your doodle pollname, real name, and email address ASAP. I'll then send you the official invite with location details etc.

I've paid for the room hire and would really appreciate confirmation responses from those that haven't yet done so ASAP.

Thanks
                  Hi Convict/Michael

I unfortunately can't make the Saturday, but am very interested in getting as much information as possible. If it is available, I would be more than happy to contribute to costs if there was any material/info packs/recordings available from Saturday.

If you could drop me a quick PM if so..

Cheers
                  CDJ

Comment

Hi Convict/Michael

Thank for both for your work on this. Its good to know there are others in the same boat and people willing to discuss and help.

I may be keen to go this weekend however before committing I was just wondering what is Michael's background in regards to EBTs etc? On what basis is he going to be presenting information?

Second question is more a point for the next seminar. Perhaps one of the large accounting firms that represent clients facing HMRC inquiries or those that act as agents when trying to settle/defend with HMRC may be keen to host us one weekend provided they are allocated a time slot to sell their services as part of the deal. Kingstonsmith, KPMG, PWC all offer these services and I am sure they would offer up a conference room and a couple of staff to get access to potential clients. This would save everyone the 30 pounds going forward and provide us with more options.

Many thanks

Mary

Comment

If you want to organise the next seminar with the likes of KPMG attending, please feel free to do so Mary. As far as I'm aware this is the only seminar to be arranged in this manner.

Michael is the only tax adviser who has put his head above the parapet and volunteered his time on this forum, others are welcome to post should they choose to do so.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X