• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PM Access

Could I request PM Access please?

Comment

Originally posted by openminded View Post
      Could I request PM Access please?
      Hi openminded - all done as per your earlier email. A reminder again to any new sign ups who want PM access - sign up to the forum, log in and then use the contact link in the footer of the forum to contact me and I will happily grant to you PM access.

Thanks also for letting me know the links weren't working for the PMs in the post above, have fixed those too.

Comment

I'm sending out some invoices....

I'm going to send out invoices for jobs I've not done - they have to pay immediately - if they want dispute the invoice they will have to take me to court at a later date.

Comment

Campaigning against accelerated payment legislation.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...gislation.html

Comment

Potential Settlement with HMRC

As part of my work representing the members of my group I have been in without prejudice discussions with HMRC regarding terms upon which they would be able to settle matters and bring their enquiries to an end without penalty. Those discussions are not unique to me or to Edge: HMRC are discussing settlement with taxpayers in other arrangements along similar lines.

If you wish to find out more and for me to represent you in settlement discussions my group remains open to new members. PM me for details.

Equally and to prove that not all advisors are simply here trying to drum up business any individual wishing to contact HMRC directly can do so and should be advised of the terms upon which HMRC would settle matters. Any discussions should be on a without prejudice basis.

Whether anyone wishes to do so is of course a matter of individual choice.

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post
              As part of my work representing the members of my group I have been in without prejudice discussions with HMRC regarding terms upon which they would be able to settle matters and bring their enquiries to an end without penalty. Those discussions are not unique to me or to Edge: HMRC are discussing settlement with taxpayers in other arrangements along similar lines.

If you wish to find out more and for me to represent you in settlement discussions my group remains open to new members. PM me for details.

Equally and to prove that not all advisors are simply here trying to drum up business any individual wishing to contact HMRC directly can do so and should be advised of the terms upon which HMRC would settle matters. Any discussions should be on a without prejudice basis.

Presumably the settlement terms are not a secret. Can you detail them?

Comment

Originally posted by Saleos View Post

It looks like a settlement offer will be made available where tax plus interest will be required for those years under enquiry.

I wonder if Mr. M.J. Perry FCA would like to comment about his dire warnings of penalties on top of penalties on top NIC.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
                  Presumably the settlement terms are not a secret. Can you detail them?
                  They aren't a secret Donkey Rhubarb but nor am willing to do for free what some have paid for. If anyone wants me to be involved in assisting I am of course happy to be so; with the appropriate fee for joining the group.

But if people simply want to know what settlement terms might be available they can contact HMRC directly. By making this clear hopefully people will see that this is not simply an attempt to drum up business.

Unfortunately although I know the Inspector concerned reads these posts he is not at liberty to post here. He would also want me to stress that the terms to which I allude do not constitute a publicised settlement offer and may be amended or withdrawn at any time. Anyone wanting to know where they are can contact HMRC at any time. If anyone is uncomfortable doing so, or want professional advice regarding those terms, there are of course a number of advisors on here willing to assist including myself.

The purpose of my earlier post was really twofold. To ensure people were aware that settlement could be reached and that the terms are but a phone call away (and free for those happy to act alone). But also to dispel the myth that HMRC routinely seek penalties as a matter of course. They do not.

Comment

Saleos: Your post is appreciated and understood. We're hearing the same kind of things regarding HMRC settlement opportunities on the TRM/Cherrlyon et al side of things.

Comment

Do HMRC currently have provisions such that where the potential settlement leads to bankruptcy for some years, all other years are wrapped into the same bankruptcy action (e.g. years 11/12 and 12/13)?
                      Secondly, given that there is virtually no difference between settlement and APNs, what is the advantage of settlement which leads to bankruptcy compared to APNs which lead to bankruptcy? In one of the cases one of my great grandchildren might get some money back?
                      Join Big Group - don't let them get away with it
                      http://www.wttbiggroup.co.uk/

Comment

Working...
                      X