• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Edge EBT thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2008-2009 re-assessed and tax demand is doubled

Received letter from HMRC with double tax demand and request to re-submit appeal for 2008-2009, which was accepted in April 2013
    Does anyone know how many times HMRC can re-assess tax? They did not sent new tax assessment, just attached new calculation with updated figures and asking to submit new appeal.
    Last edited by new user; 17 January 2014, 20:03.

Comment

Originally posted by greddy View Post
      2nd week of December

Got my appeal acknowledgement today for 09/10

Comment

2009-2010 HMRC Letter

HMRC posted notice Last week of November. Appeal Letter sent 3rd week of December just before running off on Xmas Break. Online still showing liability as of last week. Still no reply letter from HMRC.

Saw the transfer of Edge clients to Redstone and thought it was simply a name change - oops, hindsight proved me wrong. Looking to understand offers from Dandy and Saleos. Hoping Admin will give me PM access soon!

Comment

Latest information about hmrc further actions

If anyone would like to receive details of the latest position and HMRC's next course of action, please PM me for a free update and information about group representation; the Boyle decision and appeal position; a new voluntary settlement opportunity; time scales; and the possible NIC and penalty considerations should matters eventually be decided in favour of HMRC

Comment

PM Access

Morning,

I'm an Edge employee from 2010-11 year.

Please can i have permissions to PM other posters?

<admin note>PM rights granted</admin note>

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
              If anyone would like to receive details of the latest position and HMRC's next course of action, please PM me for a free update and information about group representation; the Boyle decision and appeal position; a new voluntary settlement opportunity; time scales; and the possible NIC and penalty considerations should matters eventually be decided in favour of HMRC
              Hi Michael,

After contacting you specifically with regards to the above post, you replied with a request for my personal details, a copy of your fee structure and none of the updates you've offered above. It seems to be a shameless plug for business and a blatant lie regarding an update regarding the above topics.

In the interests of transparency, please advise whether or not you actually intend to fulfil your offer above or if this was actually a honey-pot to gather contact details and plug your services.

Comment

Dotas number for 2012/13?

Hi, newbie here.

Can anyone advise of any Dotas Number for the 2012/13 tax year? Sorry if this has been posted before.

I was emloyed by Edge in this period and despite their legal responsibility, I did not get a P11D (I retired in 2012).

Happy to PM if required.

Cheers.

Comment

I also sent a PM to Michael who did reply with the documents he said he would. It's all a classic case of human nature. Do you sit back and let everyone else pick up the tab or do you all join in? I don't see any reason whatsoever why Michael shouldn't set out a fee schedule. If you want totally free advice, don't expect to get anything worth having.
                  Last edited by Not Losing Any Sleep; 22 January 2014, 18:13.

Comment

Group representation

If you have any desire to pursue group representation please

Request PM (private message) access if you don't already have it. You can post a request or contact the admins via this page: http://forums.contractoruk.com/sendmessage.php

PM TheDandy here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/priva...=newpm&u=39502
                    PM Saleos here: http://forums.contractoruk.com/priva...=newpm&u=41765

then make a decision if you have interest in one or both of the groups and if you are willing to foot the likely costs and advise the organiser(s) accordingly

Simply posting a desire to join a group will not achieve anything.

Sorry for the repetition but I want to ensure latecomers are informed

GS

Comment

Originally posted by pengjn View Post
                      I got a letter from HMRC about 2008-2009 in March and then 2009-2010 in November. Has anyone had a letter for 2010-2011? When might that reasonably be expected?
                      Some folks have received 2010-11 letters. I received a COP 8 letter for 10/11 before the discovery letters for 8/9 and 9/10.

It does seem a little random

Comment

Working...
                      X