• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for EBT schemes through SANZAR

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please grant me access to PM/Old Kent Road

I was with Sanzar in 2008/2009

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by crazyking View Post
      Please grant me access to PM/Old Kent Road

I was with Sanzar in 2008/2009

Thanks
      I have now upgraded your account to give access to the PM system. You should now be able to PM Old Kent Road.

Comment

Originally posted by DonkeyRhubarb View Post
        Well said Mr0666.

There are a lot of shysters about, and that includes many of the scheme promoters.

It's best to form your own group, raise a fighting fund, and pay for independent advice.
        Exactly. It's clear that CH is working for the people who were/are running this sachems. They want to bury the case as soon as possible. We have to stop putting our heads in the sand and start acting.

Anyone who was with Sanzar and is not part of private forum please contact OKR.

Anyone who is already part of the forum can read the latest there.

Comment

It's also worth considering the various EBT groups (Sanzar, Edge etc.) joining forces.

I expect HMRC regard all Contractor EBTs as variants of the same scheme.

If you intend to fight through the courts then you want strength in numbers, biggest fighting £fund.

Comment

Originally posted by MrO666 View Post
            What a load of rubbish from both CM and CH !!!

So apparently CM were given a chunk of money a while ago to get the ball rolling with HMRC.....looks to me like they're done sweet FA and just pocketed the money.

CH are offering absolutely NOTHING that every tax payer cannot to on their own with a couple of phone calls to HMRC. Don't waste your time or money bothering with either CM or CH, you're being taken for a mug in my book.

As for the threat of NI being applied........for the 10th time this isn't legally possible (at the moment anyway). NI debts are the responsibility of the employer and CANNOT be transferred to an employee unless the employee is/was a director of the company (which nobody was). I'm not saying that HMRC won't in the future look for ways to try and include NI on these so called debts (for people who haven't already settled), but as it stands today they cannot and will not try it. If they did, I've been reliably informed that it would be fairly straight forward to dispute, as you could easily argue that HMRC were fully aware that NI was due when they issued original DA's, and the fact that they never mentioned it then would be a serious challenge to their attempts to claim it.

Whilst I agree that people will have to pay up, the scaremongering which CH now seem to be touting is shameful to say the least. From what I can gather they've done absolutely nothing and are now trying to act like a hero and offering people some pre-pack.......really ????

Somebody else mentioned about them trying to negotiate a reduced settlement rate for groups.........forget that idea, HMRC cannot and will not be seen negotiating reduced liabilities with anyone i'm afraid. Years ago that may well have been an option, but these days if HMRC deem you owe them £100, then that's what you pay them, you can't argue it down to £50. They need to be able to prove to the public that they are getting value for money. Nice idea, but it won't happen so forget that one.

Thanks for your email. I believe our communication does makes it clear that owing to recent legislation, a tax bill now arises. This is due regardless of the perceived legitimacy of the scheme you used. If you do not wish to take up the SO (and await an APN next year) then it is entirely up to you. If in the future HMRC are unsuccessful in challenging a similar scheme, we are discussing with them about having a clause in the SO stating that the money paid under the SO get refunded to the user.

I will assume unless I hear to the contrary that you do not wish to take up the prepack option.

Comment

Originally posted by horrada View Post
              Thanks for your email. I believe our communication does makes it clear that owing to recent legislation, a tax bill now arises. This is due regardless of the perceived legitimacy of the scheme you used. If you do not wish to take up the SO (and await an APN next year) then it is entirely up to you. If in the future HMRC are unsuccessful in challenging a similar scheme, we are discussing with them about having a clause in the SO stating that the money paid under the SO get refunded to the user.

I will assume unless I hear to the contrary that you do not wish to take up the prepack option.
              In 30 years or more of dealing with HMRC and settlements, I've NEVER seen one that allows a settlement amount to be adjusted for a subsequent litigation result. What happens if the litigation result produces a worse result than the settlement?

Unrealistic expectation in my personal opinion.

Comment

I was with Sanzar 2009/2010, 2010/2011 and would like access to PM to discuss options with members.

Comment

Lol. This help desk is something. So settlement will not be settlement. They are liars. Once done settlement is done and dusted.

Comment

These guys are a riot! Comedy gold.
                    Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by Sting View Post
                      I was with Sanzar 2009/2010, 2010/2011 and would like access to PM to discuss options with members.
                      You have been upgraded to give access to the PM system.

Comment

Working...
                      X