• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC enquiries for Talent Resource Management (TRM) / Cherrylon / Trentburg Schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by contractor2009 View Post
    Hi, I'm also new on the site and another contractor who has received a large and unfair bill from HMRC from my time at Trentburg. Would someone be kind enough to provide advise on what to do. I will be submitting my appeal letter tomorrow as there's no way I can afford to repay this either. Will try seek tax advice also, any recommendations out there? Many Thanks
    ping me an email [email protected] (this goes for anyone else on TRM/Cherrylon/Trentburg too)

Edit: I'm getting quite a few emails. If you want to speed things up when you email me, include some sort of scheme membership proof.
    Last edited by convict; 9 December 2013, 13:11.

Comment

received 09/10 and 10/11 letters

Hi all
      I'm in the same boat. I have rec'd letters for the above years from hmrc wrt Trentburg and the amounts are huge!
      I'm exasperated and stressed.

I have been in touch with taxtalk who will be progressing appeal.

Can you grant me PM rights please, as I want to make contact with others in the same boat / scheme.

Much appreciated.

**** EDIT:
      Hi Admin, can you kindly grant me PM access rights. Thanks
      Last edited by traveller9266; 12 December 2013, 09:09.

Comment

Trentburg and Raingold

I urgently need information about the trentburg scheme.

Please send me a pm if you can help.

Comment

So I called HMRC to see if they had received my appeal letter. Apparently the mail turn around time is 5-6 weeks!! I'm astounded that the method of appeal is by post but that the turn around time is longer than the deadline for payment! Unreal!

Comment

Tax Demand for EBT Loan arrangment with Trentburg

Hi all,

Just got news of a couple of letters from HMRC regarding this matter as they were sent to an address I no longer live at.
            The amounts they are demanding are quite significant and are gaining interest rapidly. Unfortunately as I have received these letters late the appeal date has past. I'm still going to lodge an appeal though as I feel the whole thing of Retrospective Taxation is wholly unfair.
            Has anyone heard anything from Talk Tax or are there any conclusions from anyone that's been aware of this longer than myself?
            Any advice will be gratefully received

Comment

Green Gables

Hi,
              I have just received an enquiry about my time working through Green Gables for 2011/12. Has anyone else received one. They are not talking about figures yet as it is a compliance check but am sure they will at some point

davie

Comment

Trentburg - next steps?

Originally posted by convict View Post
                ping me an email [email protected] (this goes for anyone else on TRM/Cherrylon/Trentburg too)

Edit: I'm getting quite a few emails. If you want to speed things up when you email me, include some sort of scheme membership proof.

Hi,

I sent an email across to Convict yesterday. Our Accountant has told us to try and make contact with Trentburg. Has anyone managed to make contact with anyone (in whatever guise they manifest themselves these days)? Do I gather we just Appeal the Self Assessments - which arrived last week in our case - and then sit tight?

I'm WAY behind the curve on this one, and I've read around all the background info on here, so an update would be appreciated. Or a recommendation for representation - someone already familiar with the Trentburg scheme preferrable.

Thanks.

Comment

Trentburg 09/10

I too have received a letter in the post today asking for a very large sum of money for the time I dealt with Trentburg.

Was sold the scheme as being UK Tax Compliant and now end up with this on my doorstep. Proper stressed out!!!

There has been a lot of talk about PM'ing to get more information from members. Any chance you could grant me PM rights so that I can make contact and get some advice.

Thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ajgilly View Post
                    I too have received a letter in the post today asking for a very large sum of money for the time I dealt with Trentburg.

Was sold the scheme as being UK Tax Compliant and now end up with this on my doorstep. Proper stressed out!!!

There has been a lot of talk about PM'ing to get more information from members. Any chance you could grant me PM rights so that I can make contact and get some advice.

Thanks
                    I am contractor in same boat but with another scheme provider using EBT. I dont know if yours is also an EBT but if your promoter is not providing a representation with HMRC then get together and arrange an accountant experienced with HMRC to represent you guys together. Make a private group and only add people to the group after some verification. If it is an EBT and implemented properly it is 100% legal.

Comment

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
                      I am contractor in same boat but with another scheme provider using EBT. I dont know if yours is also an EBT but if your promoter is not providing a representation with HMRC then get together and arrange an accountant experienced with HMRC to represent you guys together. Make a private group and only add people to the group after some verification. If it is an EBT and implemented properly it is 100% legal.

See post 1 regarding the TRM/Cherrylon/Trentburg private group etc.

Comment

Working...
                      X