• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My reply to donkeyrhubarb

I would have expected a little more from you. If you are so interested to comment on my activities you should have made contact outside the forum to obtain the facts first.

Have you actually read the article? It is factual and based on proposed legislation and current HMRC practice.

Please retract your libellous comments and make an intelligent appraisal.

Penalties will be a harsh fact in many of these cases.

I am not advocating any particular course of action and the draft legislation is not yet law.

I am offering practical advice and recommending sensible contingent arrangements.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post
      I would have expected a little more from you. If you are so interested to comment on my activities you should have made contact outside the forum to obtain the facts first.

Have you actually read the article? It is factual and based on proposed legislation and current HMRC practice.

I am not advocating any particular course of action and the draft legislation is not yet law.

I am offering practical advice and recommending sensible contingent arrangements.
      I would advocate calm on both sides.

Because I can and WILL restore it if you don't.

I have removed an insinuation, and I would advise others to consider WHY that insinuation was made.
      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by Michael J Perry FCA View Post

The moderator has removed it but I'll gladly retract what I said.

Comment

Be careful

As a reminder.

Do your own due diligence when it comes to paying for professional help. Most reputable firms will not resort to trawling forums and beware of anybody wanting money up front based on loans outstanding or some other arbitrary measure

Comment

Originally posted by davedavis View Post
            As a reminder.

Do your own due diligence when it comes to paying for professional help. Most reputable firms will not resort to trawling forums and beware of anybody wanting money up front based on loans outstanding or some other arbitrary measure
            I'll second that. Several people have PM'd me today and what I am hearing is quite worrying.

If you are in any doubt get a 2nd opinion from an independent accountant before committing to pay over large sums of money.

Comment

https://www.dotas-scandal.org

A starting point to let all know what government is up to. Our group is using this as reference when contacting our MPs. We have also seen best results are when we meet MPs face to face.

Comment

Originally posted by varunksingh View Post
                A starting point to let all know what government is up to. Our group is using this as reference when contacting our MPs. We have also seen best results are when we meet MPs face to face.
                Good stuff VarunkSingh!
                'Orwell's 1984 was supposed to be a warning, not an instruction manual'. -
                Nick Pickles, director of Big Brother Watch.

Comment

Campaigning against accelerated payment legislation.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...gislation.html

Comment

Originally posted by jbryce View Post
                    ...in fact Lisa from Contractor Umbrella, can you not get a more reasoned article to put on your site? Having this article on your site lends it credence which it does not deserve.
                    What is is that you think is incorrect in the article?
                    Connect with me on LinkedIn

Follow us on Twitter.

ContractorUK Best Forum Advisor 2015

Comment

Originally posted by LisaContractorUmbrella View Post
                      What is is that you think is incorrect in the article?
                      I'm not an accountant, however the scare tactics are pretty obvious as pointed out on this thread.

I did PM you to suggest you get another view. My accountant has spoken to HMRC who suggested that the assertions made in the article were designed to scare rather than inform.

....but we should all be very very afraid.
                      Last edited by jbryce; 2 May 2014, 16:43. Reason: Decided I was being a prat

Comment

Working...
                      X