• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grey collar View Post
    I would appreciate a contact point as the White Collar web site is 'under repair'. I was with White Collar for part of 2008 and have now got a demand from HRMC for 2008-9. Although I had had a letter from HMRC some years ago I was not that concerned as ASMG had submitted their scheme to HMRC and had it approved. <snip> Post 2008-9 I had various health issues and have now retired. I completed self assessments for subsequent years and for two of them my calculated tax rebate was withheld pendind the investigation. A helpful chap at HMRC offered to investigate the status and the monies were sent to me. This suggested to me that they had agreed the ASMG scheme was legitimate. HM Customs and the Revenue merged some years back. I have worked directly with both of them. I asssure you some do 'knowingly have a sense of humour' but as an organisation tend not to have one opinion. Whether the above is helpful or hopeful perhaps only time will tell. I will appeal and would be happy to consider joint actions with those similarly threatened.

Hi
    Web site is whitecollargroup.co.uk
    Contact them and will handle it for you, best approach.
    Last edited by administrator; 4 March 2013, 12:22. Reason: Snipped text is not proven. Removed while investigating.

Comment

Originally posted by Breeze91 View Post
      I've also received the same letter for 08/09. I was with Norla/Edge too but have had no luck contacting them. Would be interested to hear of any contact made and will be following this thread with great interest.

Edge is now trading as http://redstoneservices.co.uk/ . I am about to contact them. Try their contact number and let me know if they are able to assist with appeal. I hear they are supporting people who are still continuing one of their new schemes.

By the way, is it possible to Send a Private Message to individual users on this forum? I am thinking of contacting all users who were previously with Edge consulting / Norla group, and see if we can take a collective action.

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
        What if the new information has been given to them by the scheme provider?
        If that is the case letter should have said so! Instead it just say they believe. I am still waiting to hear from accountants if my tax return will be classed as sufficient disclosure or not?

Comment

Originally posted by meanttobeworking View Post
          Yes, I took their advice and had them check the letter before I sent it.
          Did you speak to Advantage Accounts or RedstoneServices.co.uk regarding Edge? Whats the name of the person you spoke to?

Comment

Originally posted by a Man of Constant Sorrow View Post
            I too have been invited to the 08/09 party - same letter, same thing.

Dont suppose by any remote chance anyone has a contact number for Egde Consulting - searched everywhere and with Norla having ceased trading, no help there.

Very grateful in advance for any help, as assuming others were with Edge - for my part I am seeking to confirm whether the contract helpdesk/Cobham Murphy are representing these schemes, given they are covering some 20 + at the moment.

Many thanks
            Edge is now trading as http://redstoneservices.co.uk/ . I am about to contact them. Try their contact number and let me know if they are able to assist with appeal. I hear they are supporting people who are still continuing one of their new schemes.

By the way, is it possible to Send a Private Message to individual users on this forum? I am thinking of contacting all users who were previously with Edge consulting / Norla group, and see if we can take a collective action.

Comment

Originally posted by a Man of Constant Sorrow View Post
              For those seeking contact details for Edge Consulting:

http:// edge-resourcing.com

0845 2870400
              07624 427650

I have both written and left a VM for them this morning, enquiring into the level of support being offered and as to whether this is a general process in place to follow.
              Did you get any reply from Edge for your queries?

Comment

Visit Edge Thread

Originally posted by Jashan View Post
                Did you get any reply from Edge for your queries?
                Hi Jashan,
                Please go to the Edge thread. Some of your answers are there. Thanks.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...bt-thread.html

Comment

Is/was anyone else with AM Lmited?

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSouth View Post
                    Hello all, long time lurker here. Been following the BN66 debacle for a very long time and joined the NTRT campaign. Best of luck with it all!!

A quick shout out to DonkeyRhubarb, Cojak et al. You folks are doing a fantastic job and your help here with EBT related topics is greatly appreciated.

I was with Edge/Norla for a number of years until Dec 2010 and at the end of last year received the letter stating that HMRC were opening an enquiry into my 2009/10 return.

I have since emigratted and given the 30 day turn around on the demand letters for 08/09 was worried that I might have one of those somewhere in transit and wasting time getting to me.

I was curious to know if anybody had received both letters (enquiry 09/10 and demand 08/09)?

Good luck all.
                    A friend of mine did receive the enquiry letter back in January and demand for 2008/09 last week!

Comment

2008/09 assessment - where is the Enquiry?

Originally posted by akkaraju View Post
                      A friend of mine did receive the enquiry letter back in January and demand for 2008/09 last week!
                      Are you certain the tax enquiry was for the 2009/10 tax year?

All permutations are possible.

HMRC will need to decide on formally opening an enquiry (Section 9A Code of Practice 8) or a Compliance Check now that the gates have been opened with the 2008/09 assessments. If I was HMRC (which I am certainly not!), I would have done it the other way around.

Comment

Working...
                      X