• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Enquiry letters on Loans from EBT and other schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
    ...Assuming the 2019 legislation goes ahead (unlikely after the General Election and Murray decision).
    I'd be interested to hear why you think that BrilloPad?

HMRC published an updated policy paper about it only last week:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ed-legislation

Obviously I'd love to believe they'll drop it but I just can't see that happening...

Comment

Originally posted by rcgeorge23 View Post
      I'd be interested to hear why you think that BrilloPad?

HMRC published an updated policy paper about it only last week:

https://www.gov.uk/government/public...ed-legislation

Obviously I'd love to believe they'll drop it but I just can't see that happening...
      I have no idea what will happen. Its all guesswork and speculation. However, the Rangers case was a spectacular HMRC own goal.

Comment

Originally posted by snurbs View Post
        Hey woftam,

Another concerned aussie in Melbourne here, so if you could, please PM me your email address.

Would like to share what info I have etc and see what others are planning on doing.

Cheers
        snurbs
        Hi guys

I am in a similar situation re living in oz and just receiving APNS for historical tax years.

Any info you have would be much appreciated.

Comment

Originally posted by Fifo View Post
          Hi guys

I am in a similar situation re living in oz and just receiving APNS for historical tax years.

Any info you have would be much appreciated.
          PM me with your details / email address as I may have some information that's relevant to your situation. I've also been communicating with Woftam, though that was some time ago.

Comment

At least there is a couple of companies looking after their ex clients and paying for litigation. Well done AML, shame I joined the wrong one who couldn't run away fast enough and leave us contractors with the mess.

https://ww w.cnbc.com/2017/09/06/mich...avoidance.html

"AML established structures for hard-working contractors and not millionaire celebrities or high net-worth individuals which was fully compliant with U.K. law. When the legislation changed in 2011 these structures subsequently ceased," the spokesman told CNBC in an email.
            "HMRC unfairly issued APNs (accelerated payment notices) in a bid to retrospectively punish our clients and it was decided that this decision would be challenged at a judicial review."
            The spokesman added: "Other companies have chosen to turn their backs on clients who offered such structures but we decided to invest hundreds of thousands of pounds financing legal action to defend the rights of individuals from unwarranted and unjust HMRC demands and will continue to do so, in this respect the judgement is being appealed."

Comment

https://ww w.cnbc.com/2017/09/06/mic...avoidance.html

Comment

Choice Premier - HMRC check

Hi All, does anyone have any experience dealing with an HMRC check for Choice Premier 2013/14. I've had a letter from HMRC saying I'm being investigated. I've been advised how to respond - which is with minimal info just bank statements. Would welcome any advice or past experience. Thank you

Comment

Originally posted by Strontium View Post
                  Hi All, does anyone have any experience dealing with an HMRC check for Choice Premier 2013/14. I've had a letter from HMRC saying I'm being investigated. I've been advised how to respond - which is with minimal info just bank statements. Would welcome any advice or past experience. Thank you
                  For 13/14 they're 2 years outside the 12 month enquiry window. Unless you've received a discovery assessment with a demand for money?

Comment

Another Australian resident

Originally posted by bandemelbs View Post
                    PM me with your details / email address as I may have some information that's relevant to your situation. I've also been communicating with Woftam, though that was some time ago.
                    Hello Mods, could I have PM rights also?

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by GoneSurfing View Post
                      Hello Mods, could I have PM rights also?

Cheers.
                      You now have access to the PM system

Comment

Working...
                      X