• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

And this is exactly why the government and HMRC should be hounding the providers, not us
    STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
      And this is exactly why the government and HMRC should be hounding the providers, not us
      They should. But we all know they will hound whoever they think is weaker and has any money... Hey, it's about extracting cash, not doing the Right Thing!

Isn't it, HMRC?
      Help preserve the right to be a contractor in the UK

Comment

Originally posted by DotasScandal View Post
        they will hound whoever they think is weaker
        Nail - Head - Hit
        STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Read this

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...following.html

HMRC will NOT intervene and have no powers to exercise here - yet - await 8th July but don't hold your breath.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Hello, one my known person has received debt collection notice from HMRC for the APN for being with AML and being in JR suite

Did anybody else recevied it?

Thanks

Comment

debt collection notice from HMRC

I got as well..
              1. AML does not have tax return copy for 2009/10
              2. AML took atleast 18% from the contract rates and did nothing !!!!
              3. This tax should be paid by AML not by us. Since HMRC is taxing us on 100% where as we got 82%. So we will be paying 18% + 35% .. this is not right
              4. If there is any legal avenue to get 18% back from AML then we all should come together and jointly ask AML..

Any thoughts?

Comment

Originally posted by anandb View Post
                4. If there is any legal avenue to get 18% back from AML then we all should come together and jointly ask AML..

Any thoughts?
                Been discussed many times and the short answer is No. Big Group did a good spread on this (not hinting, just saying).

Comment

Originally posted by anandb View Post
                  I got as well..
                  1. AML does not have tax return copy for 2009/10
                  2. AML took atleast 18% from the contract rates and did nothing !!!!
                  3. This tax should be paid by AML not by us. Since HMRC is taxing us on 100% where as we got 82%. So we will be paying 18% + 35% .. this is not right

Any thoughts?
                  Understand you completely. AML told us it was the employer who was ultimately responsible as they were the employer, but it hasn't worked out that way, HMRC see the individual as ultimately responsible. Providers of these schemes should be treated with similar to all financial companies who sell financial products/schemes but again they appear to avoid any of HMRC "heat".
                  Glorified salesman and unfortunately will have been sold a raw deal.
                  Contact AML and please share their attempt to placate your angst, would love to hear all about it.
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Time for AML to actually support us

I've had a big email exchange with them over the last couple of days and contrary to what they are saying about defending us etc etc, I do not feel that they are in my opinion. What they are doing is defending their scheme which we just seem to be part of the process as ex users. If we're bankrupted tomorrow by HMRC, AML do not care. So I think we need a big push back against them and some for of legal action starting.

Comment

Originally posted by ads1980 View Post
                      I've had a big email exchange with them over the last couple of days and contrary to what they are saying about defending us etc etc, I do not feel that they are in my opinion. What they are doing is defending their scheme which we just seem to be part of the process as ex users. If we're bankrupted tomorrow by HMRC, AML do not care. So I think we need a big push back against them and some for of legal action starting.
                      With all the way on this. Perhaps Big Group can has/have an exchange with these providers? One of the reasons I joined BG was to have more information and knowledge of the processes as I was feeling isolated with the lack of feedback I was getting from AML. Ultimately AML will have to defend the scheme and they have limited resources, but a newsletter email isn't a lot to ask for.
                      http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Working...
                      X