• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AM Limited COP8 HMRC Investigation Letter..

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by retrodeath View Post
    I'm in a position where I could probably pay back the money over a 5 year period - 6 with surcharges and interest. This relies heavily upon maintaining current earnings and being able to stay outside IR35, which is looking less likely by the day.

As each day passes I fear bankruptcy less. I'd have to write mortgage chances and working in the finance sector off and probably accept I'll earn less for the rest of my career but beyond being able to convince someone to lend me 100s of thousands to give to Hector (why do you owe so much tax?) it doesn't seem to make a great deal of sense staying afloat.

The only slim hope I see is that somewhere along the parliament route the bill is objected to by the people who are there to protect us.
    I too feel the same way and have been actively looking at all the options including paying HMRC, IVA's and bankruptcy and have spoken to various Insolvency Practitioners to seek their advice. My biggest concern is that as I have been using these schemes for years that once or during the time that I have/am paying back the original perceived tax (which like yourself will take about 5 years) they come knocking for the next one on the list, so it never really ends. It may take me 10 years to get out of this so I may as well go bankrupt.

If push comes to shove I will wrap the whole lot up in one "event" and move on from there.

DL

Comment

Interesting article giving update on the new powers

Trying to keep up to to date on the developments and found this article informative.

International Adviser: Warn clients in tax disputes to get ready to pay by autumn, advisers told

Comment

Originally posted by davieloco View Post
        I too feel the same way and have been actively looking at all the options including paying HMRC, IVA's and bankruptcy and have spoken to various Insolvency Practitioners to seek their advice. My biggest concern is that as I have been using these schemes for years that once or during the time that I have/am paying back the original perceived tax (which like yourself will take about 5 years) they come knocking for the next one on the list, so it never really ends. It may take me 10 years to get out of this so I may as well go bankrupt.

If push comes to shove I will wrap the whole lot up in one "event" and move on from there.

DL
        I think that it may be BR for me too Has anyone given you decent advice on how to wrap this up in one event?

Comment

Originally posted by TheyCalledMeMrDennis View Post
          I think that it may be BR for me too Has anyone given you decent advice on how to wrap this up in one event?
          Admin could you give me PM capability?

Comment

Best to get professional advice, but I thought the loans were outstanding and the trust will surely agree to an IVA as they are majority debtor.
            http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

Campaigning against accelerated payment legislation.

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...gislation.html

Comment

Originally posted by LandRover View Post
                Best to get professional advice, but I thought the loans were outstanding and the trust will surely agree to an IVA as they are majority debtor.
                Thought of that, an IP won't touch it.

Comment

Thought of that, an IP won't touch it.
                  I have not contacted them yet so don't know anything about them, however as they have been recommended to me then they must be aware of situation. Again please dyor and due diligence. Also you must seek the advice from the tax advisers at AML.

Quantuma Restructuring.
                  Telephone 01273 322400
                  Email [email protected]
                  quantuma restructuring - Home
                  http://www.dotas-scandal.org LCAG Join Us

Comment

New template letter to send to your MP

http://notoretrotax.org.uk/public-do...May%202014.doc

Comment

Any news from AML on HMRC scheme enquiries

Dear all, it's all gone a bit quiet on this forum regarding AMLs stance on HMRC new powers.

What I'd like to know is have any members recently been in contact with AML and have any news to share?

Comment

Working...
                      X