• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HMRC have all the time in world to come back to you on this.

Comment

EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS

I also received an HMRC letter this weekend regarding my membership of this scheme 2005-2007, encouraging me to settle.

HMRC first wrote to me in January 2008, telling me they were investigating my 2005-2006 tax return because of the use of this scheme. When I phoned them, they said I could settle, but as they weren't sure whether or when they would investigate the scheme, I left it. Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS/ Tenon told me verbally it would be fine.

I am unsure how to proceed. I would be very happy to try and help set up a group to fight this if it's worth fighting. At the very least, if I could be pointed in the direction of good advice I would be very grateful.....
      I assume I may as well frighten myself with the correct figure, by filling a DO3 form?

Comment

Originally posted by Suet View Post
        I also received an HMRC letter this weekend regarding my membership of this scheme 2005-2007, encouraging me to settle.

HMRC first wrote to me in January 2008, telling me they were investigating my 2005-2006 tax return because of the use of this scheme. When I phoned them, they said I could settle, but as they weren't sure whether or when they would investigate the scheme, I left it. Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS/ Tenon told me verbally it would be fine.

I am unsure how to proceed. I would be very happy to try and help set up a group to fight this if it's worth fighting. At the very least, if I could be pointed in the direction of good advice I would be very grateful.....
        I assume I may as well frighten myself with the correct figure, by filling a DO3 form?
        Why bother with the D03? If you know what you got as loans apply about 37% for tax and add 3% a year for interest and you'll be close.

Comment

er hold up didn't hmrc just lose the glasgow rangers case?

Hi

Didn't hmrc just lose the glasgow rangers case where they defined in english law that an ebt is a loan and not taxable... surely that must count for something right?

Doesn't anyone else feel these tax settlement letters seem like a desperate attempt to instill panic and get everyone to pay up without a fight - they can't take everyone who's been on an ebt to court.

what we all need is some moral support from the likes of david cameron and georgey osborne - are we forgetting those pair have a history of offshore schemes and making a damn site more money out of them than probably all of us put together - David Cameron's family fortune 'made through tax-dodging offshore investment funds' | Mail Online

I had a look at the boyle case notes and that was a very complicated scheme (complicated to me anyway) involving some very tricky manipulation of currencies, not what I would expect from a normal run of the mill ebt scheme.

It's just psychological games to them and remember when you're sitting in your hot tub smoking a cigar or driving your range rover most of the hmrc accountants live in sh1ty houses and haven't got a pot to p..ss in!

This was an interesting read - possibly maybe almost certainly biased but interesting Offshore Umbrella Companies for UK Contractors | Isle of Man guide

Comment

Tenon

Does anyone else want to get together on this, and come up with a strategy for challenging Tenon, who helped run it?

Comment

Assignment Solutions IOM

PM rights please?

I used this scheme and would be interested if anyone wants to form a group to challenge HMRC's actions or Tenon who administered the scheme.

Comment

Originally posted by Suet View Post
                PM rights please?

I used this scheme and would be interested if anyone wants to form a group to challenge HMRC's actions or Tenon who administered the scheme.
                I've copied this post to the appropriate thread. Someone with the relevant information might have subscribed to it.
                "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

C03

Originally posted by Boobetty View Post
                  Why bother with the D03? If you know what you got as loans apply about 37% for tax and add 3% a year for interest and you'll be close.
                  Hi Boobetty,

Can I ask how you come to the 37% figure ? if this just for all loans in one tax year ?

Cheers,

Comment

Originally posted by chobecat View Post
                    Hi Boobetty,

Can I ask how you come to the 37% figure ? if this just for all loans in one tax year ?

Cheers,
                    Hi, yes it's just a ballpark % for loans totalling, say, £75k a year.
                    Cheers,

Comment

PM rights for me too please.

Comment

Working...
                      X