• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter (?) re; 2019 charge

Hi all - does anyone have the HMRC communication (letter I presume) regarding the 2019 charge that they would be willing to share with me? (With your personal details hidden of course!)

I left the UK in 2014 and my forwarding address in London was no longer valid from mid-2015 so I'm not aware of any correspondence since then.

I paid the APN that was issued (it was less than the settlement option) so am not sure if this counts towards or covers in full any anticipated 2019 charge? Curious to read what it's all about and what calculation they will be using. And will it crop up again in 2020, 2021, etc?

Thanks all

Comment

There is no 2019 loan charge legislation in place yet, so no such letter exists. As you are no longer in the uk, I would seek
      Some professional advice moving forward.
      STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
        There is no 2019 loan charge legislation in place yet, so no such letter exists. As you are no longer in the uk, I would seek
        Some professional advice moving forward.
        Indeed. And following the Murray case, was it actually a loan?

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
          Indeed. And following the Murray case, was it actually a loan?
          Sadly, as I have posted elsewhere I think there was a loan.
          Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by EBTwhatwhenhow
            Hi,

Seeking:
            1. The appropriate contact phone, address or email for the current trustees of AS IOM ltd scheme # 71676485.

2. Anyone had any experience having small value loans written off by an EBT?

Kindly reply to the specific question - I am not interested in tangential discussion of PAYE/NI, IHT, etc. :-). Feel free to refer me to another thread if appropriate.

Thanks in advance.
            Such information is publically available with about 30 minutes research.
            Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by EBTwhatwhenhow
              Hi,

Kindly reply to the specific question - I am not interested in tangential discussion of PAYE/NI, IHT, etc. :-). Feel free to refer me to another thread if appropriate.

Thanks in advance.
              No do your own research.

It’s just a pity you didn’t do so when you joined a scheme
              merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
                It’s just a pity you didn’t do so when you joined a scheme
                There really isn't any need for that

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
                  Most of the time I would agree, a rude single post poster trying to dictate terms for something he could do himself in 2 minutes however deserves a different response
                  merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Originally posted by WalterWhite View Post
                    I wonder what would have happened if posted in general....

Comment

2019 Loan Charge and CLSO2

Hi guys - just checking in again to see if any ASIoM / DMS peeps have received comms from HMRC about either the 2019 loan charge and / or the CLSO2?

Many thanks

Comment

Working...
                      X