• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EBT HELL: Assignment Solutions Isle Of Man / Premier Tax Strategies / DMS

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rab View Post
    My settlement amount is close to £300k before interest
    Ouch

Comment

Originally posted by Rab View Post
      My settlement amount is close to £300k before interest, if I didn't live in the UK they wouldn't be getting a penny. What can they do if you've left the country?
      £300K BEFORE interest?? Are you serious? So you must have earned around £1m during your time at ASIOM. What on earth kind of work do you do?

Comment

Remember that HMRC look at the figures and treat them as net, not gross amounts.
        "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
        - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
          Remember that HMRC look at the figures and treat them as net, not gross amounts.
          RAD said his settlement offer is £300k before interest so I'm assuming these are the actual tax liabilty figures HMRC have sent him. Hence the rough calc of £1m gross. That's about £1,000 per day contract over 4 years. So was just curious as to what kind of work RAD does to command such an astronomical rate.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB1974 View Post
            Hi Boobetty - FYI, my letter mentions that if you need more than two years to pay you can complete the enclosed income & expenditure form (36A1) and provide more info as to why you need longer to pay.
            Thanks for the information MrsB. The fact that they are including this form suggests they are open to negotiation!

Originally posted by cojak View Post
            Not in my discovery assessments they didn't. If they gross up my loans for the settlement opportunity then I am even more ***ked than previously thought. No offence but I am confident you are wrong here unless I have misunderstood your point!!

Comment

Originally posted by frodo View Post
              £300K BEFORE interest?? Are you serious? So you must have earned around £1m during your time at ASIOM. What on earth kind of work do you do?
              I just hired a guy to setup full application lifecycle management (ALM) using TFS and he is on £1500 per day. But what he is doing in 5 days big global IT firm was doing in 9 weeks and £130,000. Many jobs around and if you are at top at your game you can demand £1000+

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
                I just hired a guy to setup full application lifecycle management (ALM) using TFS and he is on £1500 per day. But what he is doing in 5 days big global IT firm was doing in 9 weeks and £130,000. Many jobs around and if you are at top at your game you can demand £1000+
                I've hired IT security consultants before, easily $2000 for 7hrs.

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
                  As you say, a one-off 5 day project. I'm talking about earning £1m gross over a 4-5 year period. RAB , please feel free to jump in at anytime and prove me wrong/clarify.

Comment

He doesn't have to prove anything, and I would advise that he doesn't just to satisfy other's prurient nosiness.

Please stay on-topic or I will delete all non-relevant posts.
                    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by MrsB1974 View Post
                      Lady Penelope contacted Saleos and sent in her info. From memory it took them a while to get back to her and when they did they wanted £500 upfront but without much detail of what she'd get for that.

I've just pm'd Saleos to see where they're up to with things. Thanks for the reminder StrengthInNumbers.
                      Hi Mrs B. Did you get a response from Saleos?

Comment

Working...
                      X