• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Microtots'r'us View Post
    No liquidation of partnership possible as we have all apparently resigned as partners(on whose advice did we do that? Bradbury's? Sunday Solutions?) Who is liable - the unknown partmnership administratrors or Jim Smith or Willow Meade or Reed Morganor Sunday Solutions and Sundeay Wealth Management????????
    We need a lawyer!!!
    Slight edit.
    Meanwhile according to gossip Andrew McIntyre was apparenmtly still dealing with Barclays Bank - so is he the partnership administrator now ?
    Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 January 2010, 11:04.

Comment

No liquidation of partnership possible as we have all apparently resigned as partners(on whose advice did we do that? Bradbury's? Sunday Solutions?) Whop is liable - the unknown partmnership administratrors or Jim Smith or Willow Meade or Reed Morganor Sunday Solutions and Sundeay Wealth Management????????
      We need a lawyer!!!
      To clarify, I was referring to the liquidation of Sunday Wealth Management Ltd who would (presumably) have some evidence of transacting with Bradbury.

TBH you would probably have to question whether we were ever in a partnership as we certainly didn't seem to follow any of the rules of engagement in either the Partnership Act or the partnership agreement we signed.
      Last edited by Contractor UK; 4 January 2010, 11:07.

Comment

my advise

have about 7k with bradbury /sunday solutions which has yet to be paid. I took the agreement i signed with them to a lawyer and i was told that the agreement is drafted in such a way that no partnership actually exist. so in reality , there's no partnership. my advice is fill in your income and expenses as self employed and let the HMRC know you engaged the services of bradbury to manage your account but they did otherwise. Also let dem know you were not paid any profits by them cos bradbury can turnaround 2 say they paid u.

Comment

Originally posted by taxisssues View Post
          have about 7k with bradbury /sunday solutions which has yet to be paid. I took the agreement i signed with them to a lawyer and i was told that the agreement is drafted in such a way that no partnership actually exist. so in reality , there's no partnership. my advice is fill in your income and expenses as self employed and let the HMRC know you engaged the services of bradbury to manage your account but they did otherwise. Also let dem know you were not paid any profits by them cos bradbury can turnaround 2 say they paid u.
          Welcome on board taxisssues.

Did the lawyer recommend this as I thought we are always personally liable for our own tax regardless? Also, please could you elaborate a bit more on your final sentence as I am bit confused?

Comment

Sunday Wealth Management have no effect on our dealings with sunday/bradury. SWM act as an IFA and arrange pensions and the like.

Hope that clarifies.

Originally posted by FeedtheKids View Post
            Would I be right in saying that Sunday Wealth Management Ltd are the company that made the inflated charges on our partnership funds? If this is the case then does this not make us creditors of the company and is it now too late for us to do anything?

Comment

Originally posted by icekoolms View Post
              Sunday Wealth Management have no effect on our dealings with sunday/bradury. SWM act as an IFA and arrange pensions and the like.

Hope that clarifies.
              icekoolms, I have PM'd you.

I don't see "Sunday Solutions Ltd" in any correspondence or emails. Whilst referred to cleverly as "the Sunday solution" the logo, company name, company number and email disclaimer are always SWM Ltd. Is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by FeedtheKids View Post
                Welcome on board taxisssues.

Did the lawyer recommend this as I thought we are always personally liable for our own tax regardless? Also, please could you elaborate a bit more on your final sentence as I am bit confused?
                in filling your tax return, i advise you only recongise all your income and expenses and the profit made as self employed. if you decide to fill the partnership section you will be asked to fill in a return for the whole partnership and you definately do not have that information to what others have made as a partner .so fill in your return as self employment and let HMRC know you were never paid any partnershp profit by bradbury so in actual sense there was never a partnership. I have already reported bradbury to the tax evasion office and i was told this w'ld be investigated. i hoe this helps and goodluck

Comment

get advice

in filling your tax return, i advise you only recongise all your income and expenses and the profit made as self employed. if you decide to fill the partnership section you will be asked to fill in a return for the whole partnership and you definately do not have that information to what others have made as a partner .so fill in your return as self employment and let HMRC know you were never paid any partnershp profit by bradbury so in actual sense there was never a partnership. I have already reported bradbury to the tax evasion office and i was told this w'ld be investigated. i hoe this helps and goodluck
                  I think that anyone who adopts this course of action should make sure that he has discussed it with a qualified accountant or someone at TAXAID or if yiou are too stingy go to HM RC and get it in writing that you discussed this method with them and they accepted that you had no other way to go because Bradbury failed to provide sufficient information. However if the statements that Bradbury has sent t to you show drawing tajken or tax paid on your behalf I would not think that your scheme could work. Drawings are payments taken on account of profits earned.

Good idea but could cause more triuble than its worth. Happy New Year once again

Comment

Partners Headsup- Advice Needed

IF what this poster is saying is correct.
                    1. Sunday Solutions Legal advice was wrong
                    2. Bradbury and Co LImited are out of order
                    3. Barclays Bank plc have jeapordised everyone by allowing partnership bank accounts to be opened.
                    4 HMRC were wronmg to register the partnerships foir income tax and VAT .
                    I do hope that whovever you are you got this lawyer to put his opinion in writing.
                    This would turn the whole thing upside down.
                    Cheers

Comment

IF what this poster is saying is correct.
                      1. Sunday Solutions Legal advice was wrong
                      2. Bradbury and Co LImited are out of order
                      3. Barclays Bank plc have jeapordised everyone by allowing partnership bank accounts to be opened.
                      4 HMRC were wronmg to register the partnerships foir income tax and VAT .
                      I do hope that whovever you are you got this lawyer to put his opinion in writing.
                      This would turn the whole thing upside down.
                      Cheers
                      Agreed, although whilst I'm not convinced of the lawyers advice:-
                      1. What SS legal advice? Also, I would guess that we actually bought into the "Sunday solution" from Sunday Wealth Management Ltd (or at least I didn't get any paperwork from SS just SWM - check yours to see if you did). I don't have a written contract with either stating what I thought they'd sold me anyway.
                      2. No surprise there!
                      3. Not sure how this works but what did B & C actually need to provide to Barclays to get the accounts set up?
                      4. Do we know they actually did this for all partnerships - how would you be able to find out?

Comment

Working...
                      X