• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name the folks behind the scheme...

Originally posted by Microtots'r'us View Post
    Careful ewe do not get to name names on this thread as the swine behind the mess and so on are not happy to be named .Baah
    This is my first post on here. I was also running my contracts through SS and then subsequently VonEssen. I am trying to sort out (without much luck) undistributed funds from SS partnership. As Bradbury and Co won't talk to me and the fact that the folks behind this don't like thier names being mentioned I am tempted to go for plan B. My plan B is to name them on every possible format that I can get access too.
    If any of you have a list of names for the folks that ran the show at SS get in touch with me.

Comment

Join up quickly

How do we join?
      I cannot find PM function or any other way of emailing you.

Thanks.

<admin note>PM use on your account enabled</admin note>

Comment

Another victim

Another one to add to this list for the action group please.

Please can you have PMs enabled so I can communicate with others in this thread and be able to join the action group.

Comment

Hole

[QUOTE=tome;1054698]Hi,

Like many of you, I found out about this about a week ago when I had an accountant do my tax return for me. I'm interested in joining an action group and trying to get these people.

I was with Sunday Solutions from around Aug 2008 to when they disappeared in April 2009. During that time I was in a partnership called Mahoney Stevens. I've been reading through the thread (about halfway at the moment) and am catching up to what has been found out before.

I just can't beleive we are not at all protected from having to pay the tax bill I called up HMRC to explain the situation and as i've seen from many other posts, the "best they can offer" is that they set up a payment plan for me to make paying the sum more managable.

Remember who put you in this hole
          What Bradbury said on 23December in that lovely Christmas letter was that they do not have the money. What they did say was that the money will not be released to partners before or near the 31st January 2010 for anyone expecting 9 the eternal optimists amongst us?) to get money from the partnerships to pay their tax.

If the partners are really lucky some money will be released by the well hidden "partnership Administrators each month in dribs and drabs without any interest. They ( B& Co) also forgot to mention what Bradbury and Co were going to do about all of the interest and charges for late paid 2007-8 tax and 2008-9 payments on account nor the penalties and surcharges. Mr Nyiri their director wrote to partners in Spring 2009and he promised we'd be compensated. That is not an allegation but someone reading a copy of a letter signed by Mr Nyiri.

So in my view basically they took your money they lost it or spent or misplaced or forgot where they put it and now they cannot repay the various partners. People at associated businesses are finding themselves asking questions that they have no idea what the answer is by people wondering bhow they got here. A Legal person that I spoke to recently said there is little chance given what bradbury wrote that the money will be voluntarily repaid.

Excuse me while I consider my options

Comment

Long Ralph

I'm looking for anyone who was a member of the Long Ralph Partnership. Please shout if you were a Partner.
            Thanks

Comment

Help!

Originally posted by xiaolonguk View Post
              Hi

Interesting to hear the the figure you are being quoted by Jennifier Richardson is very similar to the figure that i also owe. Looking at my Bradbury accounts I owe/paid them 12K in fees and services when this should have been closer to 5K. Which would have then more or less covered my TAX due this month. Im now having to take a loan out to cover the payment. My draft accounts from Bradbury state that i owe them 1500£ however they haven't approached me about how to pay this. Would be nice to have a postal address, bank account number etc... to help the investigations.

Im currently on the phone to the HMRC to ask for advice on this matter. I think the more of use that report Bradbury and Co along with Sunday to the HMRC the better, it can only enforce the case.

So as a plan of action I would suggest that at least all of us in the syndicate do this. Ive also sent Flemming Laing a copy of the partners from my partnership agreement to hear if they know of anyone with the same partnership as me (Von Staden Howkins) in the same situation. Its probably good to have backup from the partnership as Bradbury provided services to the partnership.

Inland Revenue have advised me to write to my local TAX office to advise them of the situation. I called 0845 9000 444 which they have now made a note of on my account. They also advised me to call 0845 366 1204 which is the Debt management side of HMRC once accounts are submitted by Jennifer Richardson.

If you dont pay your balance on the 31st you will only gain interest on the amount that is owed. Im in the process of setting up a loan as I have stated (rather take a loan then eat up savings) but might hang on another week or so to see what happens. Ive been toying with the ideal of speaking to one of the broadsheets for a bit of name and shame with Bradbury, perhaps someone will read it and be able to help?

HELP!
              Hi I'm in Fleming Laing too - Can I just get right what I'm reading here because I'm in disbelief:
              1/. Bradbury & Co despite the reconciliation letter before Christmas, haven't paid our accounts for 08/09 to HMRC?

2/. That all we can do about it is pay what's owed? Even though I've tried to contact Jennifier Richardson to get someone to explain to me what the hell's happening - which amount do we pay? B&co's or JR's? I've contacted my local tax office and they said a techinician will have to discuss this with me and they would ask one to call me but it might not be before Jan 31st

3/. And didn't we all do this so that taxes wouldn't be an issue - fees would be deducted as source (well before we saw it anyway) as was tax and NI so have Bradbury not deducted that either?

My own experience has been that noone can tell me anything and I feel sick thinking that I have to pay out 13k that I just don't have. I only started contracting about 3 yrs ago to pay off debts!!!

I'd be more than interested in joining any group that is set up to fight this or even just clarify.

Don't know what to do?????? Just going mental thinking about it

Comment

Long Ralph

Hi anybody out there from Long Ralph partnership??

Comment

Tumility Adamich

Hi,

As I have noticed others doing, I will also state that I am looking for other members of the Tumility Adamich partnership. I know when I got my original documentation that there were 3 other names on there that I will withhold at present.

As for the actual partners, does anyone know for sure that they were all real, and that one partner in each partnership wasn't the 'plant' to hive off monies through ??

Also, from an earlier post in this thread, what is the process of filing a 'MoneyClaim' ?? Is this something that we should all be doing ??

Comment

partnership name

As others are doing, I'll name my partnership to see if anyone else is out there.

I was in a partnership called Mimaki Van Moorleghem. Anyone else from that partnership here?

Comment

Bradbury &amp; Co

I have been advised by Fleming Laing to join the Contractor Forum to find like minded individuals that have been shafted by Bradbury. I am in the Robertson de Leon partnership and waiting for them to release £21k from the partnership account! I am happy to go to Companies House to request that they do not allow Bradbury to go bankrupt because all of the partners will not get their money - I am happy to go on tell - I am happy to go to my MP - however, I have so much i want to do but can't even reply to a post cos I'm a newby, please help, think i need PM activated or something??

andrea

<admin note>PM use enabled</admin note>

Comment

Working...
                      X