• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I am also having a similar problem with Sunday Solutions/Bradbury & Co and will keep both an eye on this thread and also update it as I have further responses.

Cheers

Simon

PS luckily I now have a LTD co and would never again trust an umbrella organisation.

Comment

sunday solutions scam continued...

Sunday Solutions and their accountants Bradbury & Co are one and the same. Andrew Nyiri is the sole director of both.

They have left me with a large tax bill which they are supposed to have paid with the money they have retained. In the unlikely event anyone answers the phone, no one will comment on the money they owe either. HMRC know nothing about this apart from the fact that they don't like Sunday Solutions.

Needless to say, I will be chasing them relentlessly.

Comment

Originally posted by poppy01 View Post
        A colleague of mine uses them and I advised him of this thread. He emailed SS to see what the score was and received this reply :-

This has only affected a small percentage of partners and partnerships. As part of an internal quality audit performed by the partnership accountants a number of miss postings relating to expenses were discovered. This has an effect on the tax position of the relevant partnerships. All partners affected have been sent correspondence outlining the situation. HMRC have also been informed. Any additional charges and penalties incurred as a result of late payment will not be charged to the partners. The situation is under control and will be resolved in due course.
        Well, I'm glad I didn't fall for their sh*t sales tactics over a year ago. They tried to get me to join them on a shoestring argument about my current accountant (who I admit have had some bad press regarding EBT loans). They even tried to tell me that the contract I signed with the contract related to signing up to EBT loans (when it clearly did not). I told them in an email to bugg*r off and to leave me alone.
        If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

I am a contractor registered with Sunday Solutions

I received a letter from the tax man saying that my tax bill was not paid, even though I had a letter from the accountants (Bradbury) saying that everything has been paid and submitted.

I called up the accountants to check, I received a call yesterday saying that due to a system error it looks like my tax wasn't paid.

The accountants said they will pay this instantly and pay any late fees and interest and to forward them any more letters I receive.

I hope I am ok for my next tax return and payment as its a big tax bill but I have never had any problems from them at all.

Comment

Sunday solutions

maybe the people concerned should talk to each other - it's happend to me £10,000

Comment

Sunday / Bradbury

I am also having the same problem, I have received the email but Bradbury are not returning my calls - have been leaving messages since last tuesday with their 'answering service' with the promise of it being marked urgent and a call back. Anyone know what is going on? I have never had problems with them before but now I seem to be on the list of people they wont't talk to.

Comment

can't get through to them

i keep calling and get a receptionist that doesn't know anything. Apparently they are diverting their calls to a call centre.

It's sounding very dodgy - someone did eventually call back, and said they couldn't comment on my case. And then kept saying that I have to put things in writing. NOT REASSURING AT ALL!

Has anyone actually got their money back/had their tax bill paid? Please let me know how!

Comment

Just recieved this mail....

An email has been brought to our attention today regarding Sunday and we felt it important to immediately address the content of this communication.

Sunday has dealt with somewhere in the order of a thousand consultants on the run up to the January Self Assessment, via the use of external accountancy companies and contract staff. The vast majority of these contractor Self Assessments have been submitted and tax paid, however we have been advised that a small number of expenses have been mis-posted which affects a very few contractors.

You should note you are NOT affected by this and we pass this to you as information only.

We are also informed that Bradbury has now issued a letter to the Partners affected which includes a commitment to cover any costs for the late submission. The consultants affected are a small proportion of Sundays Client base and those that are affected are being compensated.

We believe that the information posted on the internet and subsequent e-mails have been both highly inflammatory and unwarranted, with the potential for harming and worrying both Sunday and non-affected customers of Sunday. As a result, we are in the process of legal consultation.

We assure you that Sunday is entirely focussed as an organisation on dealing with the very small number of cases that have been affected.

We trust the above helps explain the situation. Any further enquiries should be directed to [email protected]

Comment

This may not be relevant but neither Sunday Solutions or Bradbury have filed accounts with CH for a couple of years.

Comment

Originally posted by Just1morethen View Post
                      This may not be relevant but neither Sunday Solutions or Bradbury have filed accounts with CH for a couple of years.
                      surprising

HTH
                      Last edited by pmeswani; 3 March 2009, 19:40.
                      If your company is the best place to work in, for a mere £500 p/d, you can advertise here.

Comment

Working...
                      X