• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Sunday Solutions Anyone Else Having A Problem

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Has anyone written to the insolvency team with their details ?

Is it worth doing so ?

Will I ever get anything back ?

Comment

Originally posted by StrengthInNumbers View Post
      Thanks Rob79
      If you can recommend a guy it will be great. For me it is find out exactly how to find out that in Bankruptcy kind of situation how to control it instead of HMRC having full control
      Can you PM me as it looks like I am in a similar situation looking at bankruptcy as an option too..

Comment

Final Payement

I've been given a figure from my accountant which is pretty much what HMRC assessed so my guess is they have all the paperwork from Bradbury and Co. I'm going to try and make arrangements to pay it but as my circumstances have changed I don't have immediate access to the figure they're looking for.

Can anyone tell me what happened to the people who set up Bradbury and Co? The people who ultimately owe me money they withheld from the taxman on my behalf?

Comment

payback

Originally posted by neo222 View Post
          Just out of curiosity, how long did they let you pay it back over? I'm trying to get an idea how long I'd be allowed...
          If memory serves, I paid 1K a month....it really hurt

Comment

HMRC??

All
            HMRC are not interested in the people who perpetrated this scam because they know it will be a drawn out court case only to find the money has long gone.....As the action group found out at more cost...
            Instead they focus on us, because its easier for them and ultimately we are the ones liable.

The action group set up over 3 years ago has now pretty much given up hope on ever getting any money back, but we are still involved in trying to get some form of justice. Not much more can be said in an open forum, other than to say, look forwards and learn from it.

I now operate as a limited company and no tax efficient solution will ever have responsibility of my money.

Comment

How did Sunday Solutions work? Llp profit share?

Seems HMRC knows all about it and are sending demands. I'd ask for evidence unless the product is legally and technically flawed.

Comment

My accountant is arranging a meeting with the HMRC as I have received the recent demand.

The HMRC are not accepting that we only received a net payment from the partnership even though I have all the proof, bank statements etc.

Any advice as I cannot pay the full amount requested and the HMRC say we are liable even though there should be nothing to pay. I will try and explain that the figure stated by Bradbury is incorrect.

I wonder what happened to the VAT money Willowmeade received from my agency too?!

Comment

Hello,

I am in the same situation. For me is even worse because I am Spanish and my English is not very good. So I am really lost with this issue.

I have sent to HMRC all my payslips and my bank statements.

I still do not have an answer from them.

They want me to pay 12 thousand pounds. I do not have that money. I even did not earn that amount in 2008 when I worked some months in England using Sunday Solutions as umbrella company.

Is there any group or association of people defrauded by Sunday Solutions?

How many people were defrauded? Could we join together using the same lawyer?

Could we ask for signatures to help with this on webs like www.change.org?

If Sunday Solutions had a legal permit to work and offer services, the person or govern who gave them this legal permit should be responsible of this massive fraud?

Originally posted by FICO View Post
                  My accountant is arranging a meeting with the HMRC as I have received the recent demand.

The HMRC are not accepting that we only received a net payment from the partnership even though I have all the proof, bank statements etc.

Any advice as I cannot pay the full amount requested and the HMRC say we are liable even though there should be nothing to pay. I will try and explain that the figure stated by Bradbury is incorrect.

I wonder what happened to the VAT money Willowmeade received from my agency too?!

Comment

Originally posted by JoseMaria View Post
                    Hello,

I am in the same situation. For me is even worse because I am Spanish and my English is not very good. So I am really lost with this issue.

I have sent to HMRC all my payslips and my bank statements.

I still do not have an answer from them.

They want me to pay 12 thousand pounds. I do not have that money. I even did not earn that amount in 2008 when I worked some months in England using Sunday Solutions as umbrella company.

Is there any group or association of people defrauded by Sunday Solutions?

How many people were defrauded? Could we join together using the same lawyer?

Could we ask for signatures to help with this on webs like www.change.org?

If Sunday Solutions had a legal permit to work and offer services, the person or govern who gave them this legal permit should be responsible of this massive fraud?
                    Hi,
                    There were many people defrauded by Sunday Solutions and as I understand there was a group of people who started a legal case but not sure if they had any success. I am also still waiting for my meeting with the HMRC as I also cannot pay the incorrect amount requested by them. Have you heard back yet?

Comment

HMRC

All
                      Not sure how much luck your accountant will have with them...but I hope he/she has better luck than the rest of us. I had to repay £12k but obviously didn't have it, HMRC will let you pay it in instalments...if that helps.
                      I am a member of the legal group and posted earlier in this thread. Basically our money has gone. If you think there is an avenue we haven't tried think again. This was a clever scam and the money has gone, any that had so far been recovered has gone to the administrators.
                      Probably not what you wanted to hear but I don't have any good news I'm afraid.

Comment

Working...
                      X