• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Paradise Papers - Mrs Brown's Boys

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Paradise Papers - Mrs Brown's Boys

Source BBC:

"Three stars of hit BBC sitcom Mrs Brown's Boys diverted more than £2m into an offshore tax-avoidance scheme, Paradise Papers documents show.

Patrick Houlihan and Martin and Fiona Delany transferred their fees into companies in Mauritius and sent money back as loans.

Similar tax avoidance schemes have been subject to investigation and challenges by HMRC in recent years.
    The actors have not responded to the BBC's requests for comment.

Houlihan told the Irish Times he had joined the scheme after receiving professional advice without fully understanding it."

I hope the APNs are on the way. Or do you think the rich and famous will be exempt?

Originally posted by demby View Post
    Source BBC:

"Three stars of hit BBC sitcom Mrs Brown's Boys diverted more than £2m into an offshore tax-avoidance scheme, Paradise Papers documents show.

Patrick Houlihan and Martin and Fiona Delany transferred their fees into companies in Mauritius and sent money back as loans.

Similar tax avoidance schemes have been subject to investigation and challenges by HMRC in recent years.
    The actors have not responded to the BBC's requests for comment.

Houlihan told the Irish Times he had joined the scheme after receiving professional advice without fully understanding it."

I hope the APNs are on the way. Or do you think the rich and famous will be exempt?
    APN's will be on their way as this is going to be the basis of the retrospective changes needed to get round the Rangers tribunal decision - mark my words...
    merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

The biggest mystery is how they got £2m in the first place for that piece of crap show...

Comment

Unless the scheme was disclosed, then no APN will be on its way.
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
          Unless the scheme was disclosed, then no APN will be on its way.
          I hope they've been flagged up for the 2019 loan charge then

Comment

Working...
          X