• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

2019 Loan Charge discuss thread

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

2019 Loan Charge discuss thread

Originally posted by me206et View Post
    But as you said, if you do a voluntary settlement is there any guarantee that the HRMC will not come back at you for more later?

But some of us who have been out of the business and country for some considerable time this was news to me only a few months ago. Webberg you cannot say that 32000 people have their heads in the sand. I was in at least 5 different schemes. I have only been contacted by one of them, even though I know of 2 others that still exist. I would suggest there are still a lot of contractors out there that are totally unaware of what might be coming.
    Anyway webberg, I believe me206et has some valid points.

1. There are many contractors who settled via CLSO for open years who think they are sitting in a good place and have stopped following changes. I remember one of the clauses of acceptance was that it only covers them for the year in question. Do you know if they would also be caught by the 2019 charges fro closed years also ?

2. As me206et points out if you have been involved in more than 1 scheme but only been contacted by one of them, do you think the 2019 charges would want to take you for all of the schemes ? As they would obviously know about them from all the Tax Returns filed.

Hardly makes sense trying to organise a HMRC settlement on the 1 scheme in question for open and closed years only to be taken for more in 2019. HMRC being HMRC won't agree to a full and final settlement on a reasonable amount to close matters for once and for all.

webberg has given his opinion in the Big Group thread which is not about the 2019 Loan Charge, and therefore I do not expect him to post in this thread. You can post your thoughts and discussions regarding the 2019 Loan Charge here.
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Since the 2019 Loan Charge seems to be a done deal, is it better to contact the HMRC now and cough up the "voluntary" payment now or wait to be whacked with presumably, penalties concocted by the HMRC once it becomes law ?

Comment

HMRC published settlement guideline?

Originally posted by AnotherContractor View Post
        Since the 2019 Loan Charge seems to be a done deal, is it better to contact the HMRC now and cough up the "voluntary" payment now ....... ?

Are there any HMRC published guidelines on voluntary settlement and calculation of amounts?

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
          Are there any HMRC published guidelines on voluntary settlement and calculation of amounts?
          Not yet. HMRC said that they will publish some high-level settlement terms later this year so that everyone will have "a clear indication of what they will need to pay" to settle with HMRC. But there's nothing to stop you contacting them and asking.

Comment

Originally posted by Iliketax View Post
            Not yet. HMRC said that they will publish some high-level settlement terms later this year so that everyone will have "a clear indication of what they will need to pay" to settle with HMRC. But there's nothing to stop you contacting them and asking.
            Hi,

You mentioned in another post (can't find it now) that the draft bill published yesterday contained a clause fir allowing easier transfer of liability from employer, to employee. Are you able to point me to that part please ?
            STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Originally posted by regron View Post
              Hi,

You mentioned in another post (can't find it now) that the draft bill published yesterday contained a clause fir allowing easier transfer of liability from employer, to employee. Are you able to point me to that part please ?
              I don't think I did. The transfer of the liability to the employee is expected later this year. Definitely did not come out yesterday. Some additional reporting requirements came out yesterday along with the new close companies' gateway.

Comment

https://www.ftadviser.com/your-indus...rab-uncovered/

General article with comments about transfer of liability. I'm sure HMRC won't let such a small thing get in the way...

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
                  https://www.ftadviser.com/your-indus...rab-uncovered/

General article with comments about transfer of liability. I'm sure HMRC won't let such a small thing get in the way...
                  Minefield....They'll try and transfer liability if they can't nail the employers? How the f*** is that going to work?

Comment

Working...
                  X