• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon exit opportunity (Non-Big Group discussion thread)

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can I just ask, when were you a member of the Horizon scheme?

Comment

Originally posted by starstruck View Post
      If you pay this new IHT bill. Will your lifetime tax-free inheritance tax threshold remain at £325K? Have you been able to get the trustees to release the loans? Surely, they are the only ones who can do that, not HMRC.
      I have no idea about the £325 IHT threshold but from my experience, whatever HMRC say even if it is in writing, it is not worth the paper it is written on. You will notice those lying snakes also ALWAYS keep a backdoor open to come for more. You may want to ask a professional about this.

HMRC did not ask for or get my loan released. As part of HMMafia's settlement agreement HMMafia forced onto me, HMMafia included an option for me to get my loan released as part of the settlement agreement, which I opted for. HMMafia also listed in their own settlement agreement that IHT was included in the settlement, this is on HMRC paper in black ink.

I believed HMMafia's contract and I then asked the Trust to release my loan. That is when HMRC said I owed IHT on the release of my loan!!!

Comment

Originally posted by underthecosh View Post
        Can I just ask, when were you a member of the Horizon scheme?
        I joined around the 2003 mark.

Comment

Originally posted by HMRC made Atlas Shrug View Post
          I joined around the 2003 mark.
          Hi, I have also been a member since 2003. So did you settle for every year since 2003. that would be a big amount around the 300k mark if you roughly averaged a rate of about £350 per day through that period. That would be including interest.

So the paying G paycare back because of Rangers ruling is a non starter as it stinks of a con so forget that but there solution via the Bulgarian company over the 2 years I think has credibility. Yes it has risk but logically I can see it working

Comment

Originally posted by Jarzinhio View Post

.... but there solution via the Bulgarian company over the 2 years I think has credibility. Yes it has risk but logically I can see it working
            What is the new solution. I am not aware of a new proposal, any details please?

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
              What is the new solution. I am not aware of a new proposal, any details please?
              It's not new now. A few months old . Have you been with Horizon at all? If so when. You'd be aware of it. All this chat is too vague no detail.

Comment

Originally posted by luxCon View Post
                The management setup and the associated companies were setup in 2016 simply to skin the members with the fees. Even the transfer of the trustee from Jersey to Bulgaria is highly suspicious.

Even more suspicious is that the very same named individuals at Go Outsourcing and the trustees are the old names at Horizon and Lutea /Mien trusts.

This whole thing has been a gift that keeps on giving.

They must have thousands of members on their books, some with 5 years plus. Say even if 100 individuals fell for the new scheme (I'm sure more desperate people would have) that be 100 x 20,000, thats 2 million pounds for just sending a few scary emails and a letter.

All facilitated by HMRC
                Were you with Horizon at all Luxcon? So do you think the way the loan is being paid back (let's just focus on that) is it valid or not in HMRC eyes? I'm talking about over the 2 years not this massive one off payment after Rangers verdict.

Comment

Originally posted by MyxALot View Post
                  If anyone is under any illusion that Go Outsourcing (or indeed anyone even remotely connected with the littany of companies/schemes/organisations that relate to Horizon) are:

a) offering a viable way out of this mess,
                  b) trying to help you, the poor ex-scheme user
                  c) acting objectively in all of this

and are tempted to take them up on their 'solution' then please do yourself a massive favour, slap yourself very hard across the face and wash your hands of everything to do with them.
                  Hi Myxalot

How long were you with Horizon. See this question is quite important as some people don't owe a lot, we are all in different circumstances. So if you think this has no chance of working then what's the alternative, settling with HMRC ? Biding our time and see if they start throwing out cases cuz of Rangers case and people citing it?

Comment

Originally posted by Jarzinhio View Post
                    Hi, I have also been a member since 2003. So did you settle for every year since 2003. that would be a big amount around the 300k mark if you roughly averaged a rate of about £350 per day through that period. That would be including interest.

So the paying G paycare back because of Rangers ruling is a non starter as it stinks of a con so forget that but there solution via the Bulgarian company over the 2 years I think has credibility. Yes it has risk but logically I can see it working
                    Cool - a solution to the 2019 loan legislation that logically works *and* from a Bulgarian company? What can possibly go wrong? No, wait.....

Comment

Just to let you know that any details of dodgy Bulgarian schemes on here will be removed.
                      "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
                      - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Working...
                      X