• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

AccountingWeb article - your chance to comment

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

AccountingWeb article - your chance to comment

https://www.accountingweb.co.uk/tax/...y-tax-on-loans

An article by a partner in what is now called RSM.

Not to be confused with the original RSM Tenon.

Basically saying lots of contractors are going to struggle to pay the tax allegedly due.

The real offence is in the comments where holier than thou types are spouting off.

A small opportunity to have a say, but one that should be taken.
    Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

What a depressing read.

Comment

Depressing?

Expected perhaps. As of this morning over 70 responses which for that website is a lot.

The opportunity of course is to have your say and try to balance the opinions.

Those from the accounting profession display a shocking lack of understanding and no empathy and I would not want to be a client of theirs.

We have pointed the article out to BG members who are relatively active there but more can be done.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
        Depressing?

Expected perhaps. As of this morning over 70 responses which for that website is a lot.

The opportunity of course is to have your say and try to balance the opinions.

Those from the accounting profession display a shocking lack of understanding and no empathy and I would not want to be a client of theirs.

We have pointed the article out to BG members who are relatively active there but more can be done.
        My emphasis. That's why they're accountants. Numbers are right or wrong. Black or white.
        Public Service Posting by the BBC - Bloggs Bulls**t Corp.
        Officially CUK certified - Thick as f**k.

Comment

If having a say makes people feel better then great.

However, it will achieve nothing. Best way is not to read that nonsense in the first place.

Legal action is the only way forward.

If you want to fight, join BG.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
            If having a say makes people feel better then great.

Legal action is the only way forward.

If you want to fight, join BG.
            My understanding is BG does not offer nor believes in Legal action and fights. BG is all about individual settlements.
            Yet I keep reading post encouraging members to join BG to do some sort of collaborative group action. This is somewhat misleading unless someone can clarify.

Comment

HMRCVictim:

Whilst some rich people may have set up bespoke EBT arrangements and ended up financially much better off by avoiding income tax and NICs, the vast majority of people who used these arrangements did not benefit financially at all.

So why did people use these off-the-shelf schemes if they weren't being greedy? Only one reason, simplicity. The schemes offered very simple working arrangements with no concerns about managing a personal Ltd co and worrying about bookkeeping, insurance, invoicing, etc. etc.
              Yes, right.

Good luck trying to persuade anyone that scheme users (me included) were nothing but a bunch of greedy tax dodgers who are now, albeit belatedly, getting their just deserts.
              Last edited by stonehenge; 24 August 2017, 12:24.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                Yes, right.

Good luck trying to persuade anyone that scheme users (me included) were nothing but a bunch of greedy tax dodgers who are now, albeit belatedly, getting their just deserts.
                I have reported that post - hopefully to be deleted soon. And I hope your ban will be at least 6 months.

Feel free to post comments like that in general. Though these days I put all idiots on ignore.

Comment

Originally posted by BrilloPad View Post
                  I have reported that post - hopefully to be deleted soon. And I hope your ban will be at least 6 months.

Feel free to post comments like that in general. Though these days I put all idiots on ignore.
                  Apologies, maybe I was the only one who joined a scheme for the money.

I hold my hands up. I was a greedy tax dodger.

Comment

Originally posted by stonehenge View Post
                    Apologies, maybe I was the only one who joined a scheme for the money.

I hold my hands up. I was a greedy tax dodger.
                    Your attitude is a disgrace. It was almost impossible to get NTRT up and running due to all the troll on CUK.

Most went in to get round IR35. And it was legal. HMRC ignored it and did nothing to close it down. And all their friends were doing it.

It is every taxpayers duty to minimize the amount they pay HMRC.

First they came for scheme users. Next they will come for everyone using personal service companies.

Comment

Working...
                    X