• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Queens speech Etc and 2019 anti-avoidance legislation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Queens speech Etc and 2019 anti-avoidance legislation

Does anyone have any thoughts on the 2019 anti-avoidance legislation to catch outstanding loans? My understanding is that the legislation didn't make the statue book pre-election and isn't in today's Queen's speech. Any wisdom greatly appreciated. I guess the other one to ponder is the Rangers case which must be close to being determined.

Originally posted by Not Losing Any Sleep View Post
    Does anyone have any thoughts on the 2019 anti-avoidance legislation to catch outstanding loans? My understanding is that the legislation didn't make the statue book pre-election and isn't in today's Queen's speech. Any wisdom greatly appreciated. I guess the other one to ponder is the Rangers case which must be close to being determined.
    I'd imagine it'll be in the finance bill later this year, hopefully not though

Comment

It is in the small print.

"5. Other measures
      The programme will also include three Finance Bills to implement budget
      decisions. Summer Finance Bill 2017 will include a range of tax measures including
      those to tackle avoidance."

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

"5. Other measures
        decisions. Summer Finance Bill 2017 will include a range of tax measures including
        Cheers - well spotted. Perhaps this govt won't last long enough to bring them before the house.

Comment

Cheers - well spotted. Perhaps this govt won't last long enough to bring them before the house.
          I am sure Korbyn will scrap them. And not replace them with anything else.

Comment

Originally posted by Bluenose View Post

"5. Other measures
            Only the ones that were voted through, pre-election. Most things were scrapped for a speedy passage, and these will need another Budget before they can be re-introduced (dividend tax, making tax digital etc.). However, I believe the anti-avoidance measures were part of the FB that passed, pre-election.

Comment

Well, due to the change in budget scheduling there will be two full budget statements this year.

To me that means a full budget statement in November and considering the last full budget statement by Hammond was stuffed full of avoidance statements I would expect that November will vote through some of the widest ranging avoidance legislation yet seen.

I would also expect that Labour will vote them through as it chimes with their manifesto.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                Only the ones that were voted through, pre-election. Most things were scrapped for a speedy passage, and these will need another Budget before they can be re-introduced (dividend tax, making tax digital etc.). However, I believe the anti-avoidance measures were part of the FB that passed, pre-election.

No the 2019 FLC wasn't part of the bill pre-election it was taken out. Along with the enablers one as well. As someone else has said it will be more than likely be November. Make no mistake it is coming - the best bet would be it doesn't include closed years but even that is unlikely.
                Looks like 2019 will be the year of bankruptcies and suicides unfortunately.

Comment

Working...
                X