• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Avoidance scheme users fail to challenge follower notices

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

http://financeandtax.decisions.tribu...29/TC05860.pdf

Taxpayers who used the tax avoidance scheme known as Working Wheels challenged the follower notices which demand they should pay the tax avoided.

If the taxpayer does not take corrective action to change his tax return he can be issued with a penalty. The taxpayer can’t appeal against the imposition of a follower notice, but he can challenge whether the notice has been issued correctly, and hence whether the penalty is due. This case (TC05860) concerning penalties for a failure to take corrective action following the issue of follower notices relating to “Working Wheels”.

See AccountingWeb for Full Article :
    Avoidance scheme users fail to challenge follower notices | AccountingWEB

Presumably the scheme owners will carry on fighting and delaying the inevitable?

Comment

I think Working Wheels was the scheme that involved a number of celebrities selling used cars?

If that's correct, then delay and defer is the only option available I suspect.
      Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
      X