• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Horizon - new trustee

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thread now re-opened.

If you want the Non-BG Horizon thread, go here:
    https://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc...on-thread.html

I think that all posters now understand the rules of this forum.

Any further flaming will incur my wrath...
    "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
    - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by cojak View Post
      Thread now re-opened.

I think that all posters now understand the rules of this forum.

Any further flaming will incur my wrath...
      Would it not be better to leave as closed, as there is another tread on topic? This fragments posts in to two threads.

Comment

As the mods say, I'm not going to post onto a thread where my thoughts are unwelcome.

The situation with the Horizon trust/trustees has been ongoing since perhaps April this year and we have pointed out already some of the features of their proposal that are now being discussed again.

I have read the other thread and there are some good people on there posting their views.

I think therefore I have nothing further to add other than my thanks to the mods and to wish anybody tempted by the proposal, the best of luck.
        Last edited by webberg; 15 September 2017, 12:47. Reason: spelling
        Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

I will leave this open in case we receive more news on this.
          "I can put any old tat in my sig, put quotes around it and attribute to someone of whom I've heard, to make it sound true."
          - Voltaire/Benjamin Franklin/Anne Frank...

Comment

Originally posted by webberg View Post
            The Horizon family of arrangements

(Horizon Technology EBT; Palmrock EBT; Arnica EBT; Lornmark EBT; Menir EBT; Silvermist EBT; Tramline EBT; Paphos Credence Trust; Paphos Audacia Trust; The Provident Trust)

has a new trustee. They are based in Sofia in Bulgaria.
            Venturis/ go outsourcing

Has anyone any experience of trying to get venturis or go outsourcing to write off loans following settlement.

Are they cooperative and if so at what cost?

Comment

Horizon help

Hi
              Can anyone help me? I was with Horizon between 2008 and 2012 and received assessments for these years. These were successfully appealed by Accomplished Accountancy and I'm afraid I then buried my head in the sand for a couple of years hoping it would just go away. silly i know but I'm at retirement age and just cant get any more work to pay off this huge amount (who takes on a 64 year old IT Contractor).
              I've just received a LC2019 correspondence from HMRC and I'm now unable to contact Richard Scully of Accomplished Accountancy for an update?
              Are there any other ex Horizon contractors out there who can help with any info moving forward?
              regards,
              Jez

Comment

Aplogies if this is the incorrect forum but it seems the most popular. I'm a new poster. I received my LC warning letter a week or so ago. I was involved with Horizon over 10 years ago. I did contact the HMRC and have received the settlement pack. However I really feel the need for some proper advice on options etc. Any help greatly appreciated. Nervous times. TIA.

Comment

Originally posted by cjc View Post
                  Aplogies if this is the incorrect forum but it seems the most popular. I'm a new poster. I received my LC warning letter a week or so ago. I was involved with Horizon over 10 years ago. I did contact the HMRC and have received the settlement pack. However I really feel the need for some proper advice on options etc. Any help greatly appreciated. Nervous times. TIA.
                  If you are like me, with horizon over 13 years ago and for a few years, then settlement might be the cheaper option. Phil at dws can help with figures. Though you can find the calculator online, well back to 2001 I think.

This will give you rough figures.

I assume venturis have been in touch and provide the loan amounts.

HMRC, in my case, seemed to have some figures which they would multiply by 5 to get the loan amounts if they are unknown.

If you wish to fight or cannot afford to pay then take to biggroup.

Comment

If you have protected years, where HMRC opened an enquiry or raised a discovery assessment, the accrued interest can be quite steep if you settle, especially for very old years.

Tax Year | Accrued Interest
                    2001/2 | 73%
                    2002/3 | 67%
                    2003/4 | 60%
                    2004/5 | 53%
                    2005/6 | 46%
                    2006/7 | 39%
                    2007/8 | 31%
                    2008/9 | 26%
                    2009/10 | 23%
                    2010/11 | 20%
                    2011/12 | 17%
                    2012/13 | 14%
                    2013/14 | 11%

Comment

Thanks for the replies guys. No protected years fortunately. Can I ask, who are Venturis ? My payments came through Lutea.

Comment

Working...
                      X