• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Will the 2019 charge include interest or not

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Will the 2019 charge include interest or not

Apologies, I've read many threads on this subject and there does not seem to be agreement over whether paying the charge would incur an interest penalty or not. Is there any way to get a definitive view on this, or are HMRC just keeping us all guessing?

Originally posted by MonkeyM View Post
    Apologies, I've read many threads on this subject and there does not seem to be agreement over whether paying the charge would incur an interest penalty or not. Is there any way to get a definitive view on this, or are HMRC just keeping us all guessing?
    My understanding is that the loans just have to be declared and become taxable. no interest or penalties.

I may be wrong though

Comment

Also worth remembering at the moment the tax charge falls on the employer, not the employee.

There is a whole world of employment and tax law to overcome to transfer liability from the employer to the employee.

Comment

Originally posted by Whysoserious View Post
        Also worth remembering at the moment the tax charge falls on the employer, not the employee.

There is a whole world of employment and tax law to overcome to transfer liability from the employer to the employee.
        Haven't most of the employers disappeared though?

Comment

From another thread on this forum, apparently there will also be IHT added at some point due to HMRC will have more and exact details especially from people who would have settled by then.
          Last edited by Logical; 12 April 2017, 13:59.

Comment

Working...
          X