Posts 11 to 12 of 12

Thread: STAR

2BA

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

I gave them a ring today & there's a form attached to a follower notice sent separately which you need to sign to say you're withdrawing any appeals against retrospective tax.
    They're sending me details of how much that relates to for me.

What's happened with the retrospective tax issue? Everything's gone quiet. I assume if I sign the form that's that, game over, hmrc have successfully changed history?

Nervous Newbie

Thanks (Given)
    Thanks (Received)
    Likes (Given)
    Likes (Received)

Default star4

hey 2BA,

these are two separate issues you are talking about here from my understanding. What you are talking about is taking whats called corrective action, which is not the same as the response that's required for the STAR4. Please someone correct me if I'm talking BS because i'm also trying to figure this all out.

Taking corrective action in response to your APN's and FN's is when you basically throw in the towel and withdraw your appeal against retrospective tax. This means you agree to pay and yes its over.

These STAR letters require a different response I believe and this part is whats confusing me also. There is one page which has 3 options part 1 2 or 3 which we somehow need to complete. Does anyone out there have any more information about what exactly is required and how to respond to this STAR4 notice ? I believe I need to fill out part 3 because I have only ever been with Montpelier's IR35 scheme and they have all the details about that involvement through the SA submitted by Montpelier but does that mean I just sign and date "part 3" and send that one page back to them ?
    .. which is also a problem because I live abroad so do I just post from abroad