• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Letter from HMRC demanding 40k!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by HebdenMole View Post
    I just want to know if HMRC will revise their figure if I can prove I wasn't earning what they think I was
    In my personal experience, yes they will. I sent bank statements with relevant payments highlighted, they amended things their side surprisingly quickly.

Comment

Thank you. I have called that co and am waiting for a return call. hopefully I can speak to someone to-day

Comment

oh and yes it is a discovery assessment letter but I do not know how they have arrived at the figure they have arrived at.its completely incorrect.

i used the scheme for a full year the year AFTER (and thankfully no more) so am expecting a letter about that too but the first letter isnt right.

Comment

Originally posted by HebdenMole View Post
          oh and yes it is a discovery assessment letter but I do not know how they have arrived at the figure they have arrived at.its completely incorrect.

i used the scheme for a full year the year AFTER (and thankfully no more) so am expecting a letter about that too but the first letter isnt right.
          Don't worry, you are not the only one to receive incorrect assessments. It's a regular occurrence on HMRC's part. Get the appeal sent off to stop the clock, then work on bringing the figures into line.
          STRENGTH - "A river cuts through rock not because of its power, but its persistence"

Comment

Working...
          X