• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

These new annuity schemes

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

These new annuity schemes

2019 loan charge applies

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/disguise...s-spotlight-35

Good to see HMRC acting early this time

I hadn't even heard about this type.

Comment

Not early enough to avoid some suckers falling for it though...

http://forums.contractoruk.com/hmrc-...e-annuity.html
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Very true.

Alas I think some people will always have an appetite for these kind of things.

Comment

Originally posted by Invisiblehand View Post
          Very true.

Alas I think some people will always have an appetite for these kind of things.
          Some people are just greedy and nothing you can say will stop them letting their greed override their common sense.

heck the previous schemes were based on loans yet people couldn't see a problem with that... These just screw up your pensions...
          merely at clientco for the entertainment

Comment

Awareness

I think we need to do all we can to spread the word. I am not sure of the best way to do this though for people that won't visit this forum (or even sub-section)

Mods - would you consider making it a sticky somewhere? Or running an official article on your home page?

Comment

Originally posted by eek View Post
              Some people are just greedy and nothing you can say will stop them letting their greed override their common sense.

heck the previous schemes were based on loans yet people couldn't see a problem with that... These just screw up your pensions...
              Very true. Too many people don't understand that if something sounds too go to be true then it probably is.

Comment

Walk away
                Best Forum Adviser & Forum Personality of the Year 2018.

(No, me neither).

Comment

Working...
                X