• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

HMRC Demands - please help

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X
Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Close the savings account - if he goes bankrupt this will financially link you

Comment

Originally posted by Fowden View Post
      If we don't get APNS how do HMRC ask for the money?
      In 2019 they'll issue a demand. That's what you need to plan for.

Comment

Would getting divorced (- legally speaking) help to reduce the impact of bankruptcy, or even to counter some of the tax demand?

Comment

Originally posted by ChimpMaster View Post
          Would getting divorced (- legally speaking) help to reduce the impact of bankruptcy, or even to counter some of the tax demand?
          Knowing HMRC, they'd treat divorce as a tax avoidance scheme.

Comment

I called Big Group this morning, really disappointed. We spoke to a guy called Reese (I think) as Graham was out in America, he sounded like he was in bed, didn't seem interested at all in speaking to us, and didn't offer much advise. We thought they would be really professional, it's put me off joining them which is a shame.

Were going to speak to an insolvency practitioner at Begbies Traynor, has anyone delt with them? Thanks

Comment

[QUOTE=Mouse007;2350483]Close the savings account - if he goes bankrupt this will financially link

My husband just checked it's closed! I closed my old bank account ages ago which closed that account which is lucky

Comment

Is anyone going down the bankruptcy route? With my husband having no assets in his name, I've been told they might declare him bankrupt, but as he was on the scheme for 6 years I dread to think of the money they would demand!

Thanks

Comment

Is anyone going down the bankruptcy route? With my husband having no assets in his name, I've been told they might declare him bankrupt, but as he was on the scheme for 6 years I dread to think of the money they would demand!

Thanks
                  Already got that t shirt, over £200k HMRC 2010

Comment

Originally posted by Mouse007 View Post
                    Already got that t shirt, over £200k HMRC 2010
                    Did they make you bankrupt due to 200k? We think ours will be 100k which we couldn't pay, I was told if you go bankrupt they wipe the debt but it seems to good to be true and I know they wouldn't do that!

It's awful this is happening to people, my husband is so down about it, I try to make light hearted jokes about it with him, he's slowly coming round. I'm just glad my son is too little to understand what we're going through.

Comment

Did they make you bankrupt due to 200k? We think ours will be 100k which we couldn't pay, I was told if you go bankrupt they wipe the debt but it seems to good to be true and I know they wouldn't do that!

It's awful this is happening to people, my husband is so down about it, I try to make light hearted jokes about it with him, he's slowly coming round. I'm just glad my son is too little to understand what we're going through.
                      Going bankrupt will wipe the debt - but it is not an easy process. HMRC not only want money - the want to make an example of people and hang them out to dry. A sort of modern day public hangings.

I have sent you a PM. There are many on CUK who will be delighted at your distress. Let at post 2 on this thread.

Comment

Working...
                      X